EM refuses to let me wash my hands in a bathroom because her daughter is sad

D: sad but not entitled daughter EM: entitled mom/teacher Me: me F: friend FM: friends mom/teacher

Note: the school I went to was not the best and not a typical public school so I don't know how different certain things I mention might be compared to schools you're used to.

So I was in school around the ages of 9/10, going about my daily routine of wandering around doing literally nothing of importance, hanging out with friends, working on projects, when halfway through the day I realize that my bladder is about to have the time of its life in class, so I desperately begin doing the Can-I-Use-The-Bathroom hand signal to one of my two teachers, eventually she notices and tells me yes but to take a friend, so I take F and we head off to the bathroom.

When we get there the door is closed, that's not normal during school hours as it's not a single use bathroom it had about 4 stalls, so we try and push it. It won't budge. We try again. Nothing. Finally I just pound a little and ask if someones in there with it locked by mistake, I wanted to try everything before getting a teacher (my poor bladder). Finally someone opens the door, it's an older woman (EM) that teaches one of the other grades, she just barely opens it enough to peek out and says something along the lines of "what do you want?" to which F says something like "we have to use the bathroom, can you let us in" the lady sighs and turns away probably saying something to her daughter (D) and then finally steps back letting us in.

EM: just be quick already.

As I rush into a stall and close the door I notice that her daughters sitting on the sink next to a consoling friend wiping her face obviously crying so I felt bad for the girl, however her being sad about anything did not excuse what happened next. I did my business, got myself fixed up, and left the stall. The bathroom was small, there were only two sinks if I remember right, and D, her friend, and EM were all standing/sitting directly in front of them. Me and F just stand there in silence not moving for a few seconds when EM finally scoffs at us

EM: what is it now!?

Me: I um I-I have to wash my hands

EM: scoffs again my daughters crying, I'm not making her move.

F: seriously? Me has to wash their hands.

EM: go wash your hands somewhere else.

Me: but there's only one girls bathroom (there were other bathrooms but they were private classroom bathrooms with active classes at the moment)

EM: are you done yet?

She very specifically was mad at me, the horrible tiny-bladder owner. I had bad anxiety and I was an extremely shy kid that hated confrontation (still do) so I already knew this was a lost battle. Neither of us responded to her.

EM: I said are you done yet!? We are using this bathroom, my daughter needs some privacy and we already let you use it! You're upsetting her more. Get out!

I was silently begging F to just leave because I was freaked out, F got annoyed but we left. As we left I remember hearing EM scoff once more, loudly, and shut the door on us hard, locking it.

As we wandered back to class I was clinging to F's arm almost dizzy from my heart beating so fast in my chest. Usually I had my parents or another adult to deal with a rude adult. Once we made it back in to our room F made a beeline to the head teacher (her mother: FM) with me in tow, immediately explaining the situation. FM was horrified, shocked beyond belief that someone would be that rude and unfair to us. She told me to wash my hands in the art sink and that was it for the most part. Until we had our PE/Recess and F saw EM and immediately pointed her out to FM as being the woman from the bathroom.

I don't exactly know what happened to her but I believe she got yelled at by someone at the school for being so rude to a couple of very young students. So yeah, not as intense ending as most stories here but it definitely scarred me for a few days lol.

TLDR: teacher mom gets angry at students needing to use the public restroom and then refuses to let them wash their hands, all because her daughter is sad and deserves to have the whole bathroom to herself.