2/11/19 - Funny

"Game faces on, everyone! That goes for you too, Grandma. Channel your inner old lady."

Sandor raised his cane like he was considering clubbing Keefe over the head with it."

- Shannon Messenger, Keeper of the Lost Cities

I am like Sandor in this moment. If you didn't know, Sandor is a goblin bodyguard, and he is currently disguised as an old woman.

I just relate to this because I am always type cast as an old lady. I have been in eight plays, (including The Three Musketeers right now). I have been an alternate twice, an extra once, and a somewhat elderly woman................... five times.

So pretty much, every time I've gotten an actual role with lines, I have been an old lady. (Well, I guess Irena in I Never Saw Another Butterfly wasn't technically old, but she was an adult and everyone else was a child, so she counts;)

Pretty much, if there is an old lady in a play my school performs, and I audition, I will be the old lady.

Anyways, that's partly why I like this so much. I've never been old before, so "Channeling my inner old lady" is something I've had to learn to do.

Also, in the last play I was in, The Groom Has Cold Feet, I got to strangle someone with a cane, which is almost as good as clubbing them with it.

Sorry this is so late tonight, but it's my little brother's birthday, (he turned 11. Gee, do I feel old), and I had like four lengthy assignments that I was supposed to do over the weekend but I forgot about them, so I was catching up.

Anyways, please vote, comment, and share with your friends. Bye! Have a wonderful night! And be sure to "Channel your inner old lady!"