4/21/19 - Inspirational

"Brothers and sisters, one of the great consolations of this Easter season is that because Jesus walked such a long, lonely path utterly alone, we do not have to do so. His solitary journey brought great company for our little version of that path—the merciful care of our Father in Heaven, the unfailing companionship of his Beloved Son, the consummate gift of the Holy Ghost, angels in heaven, family members on both sides of the veil, prophets and apostles, teachers, leaders, friends. All of these and more have been given as companions for our mortal journey because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the Restoration of His gospel. Trumpeted from the summit of Calvary is the truth that we will never be left alone nor unaided, even if sometimes we may feel that we are. Truly the Redeemer of us all said: "I will not leave you comfortless: [My Father and] I will come to you [and abide with you]."

- Jeffrey R. Holland

I love this quote so much, especially the part that says, "Because Jesus walked such a long, lonely path utterly alone, we do not have to do so."

As I mentioned for my quote from Good Friday, Jesus Christ made the ultimate sacrifice so we don't have to suffer.

He took of the bitter cup and tasted of death, sin, and suffering, because there was no other way. The pain He endured and the literal heartbreak He experienced were not easy. In the Garden of Gethsemene, He asked God if there was some other way. He did not want to suffer. But there was no other way. He knew it was necessary for the salvation of all people, and He loves us, so He did the Father's will. He went through an excruciating death for the good of all mankind.

But it doesn't end there. 

Three days after He was buried in the sepulchre, He rose from the grave as a resurrected being. Because of Him, death is not the end. We will live again.

Not only did He overcome physical death, but spiritual death, also.  Jesus Christ is the only completely perfect person who has ever lived, and who ever will live, upon the Earth. For the rest of us, sin is inevitable. We all make mistakes. Without Christ, our sins would lead us to eternal torment and doom. But Christ provides a way back. He suffered for our sins, so we can repent. We just have to take that step He provided for us in order to come back to the path that leads to Heaven. 

I hope you don't mind, but there's a church hymn that I really like called, "I Know that My Redeemer Lives," and I'm going to post the lyrics here:

1. I know that my Redeemer lives.

What comfort this sweet sentence gives!

He lives, he lives, who once was dead.

He lives, my ever-living Head.

He lives to bless me with his love.

He lives to plead for me above.

He lives my hungry soul to feed.

He lives to bless in time of need.

2. He lives to grant me rich supply.

He lives to guide me with his eye.

He lives to comfort me when faint.

He lives to hear my soul's complaint.

He lives to silence all my fears.

He lives to wipe away my tears.

He lives to calm my troubled heart.

He lives all blessings to impart.

3. He lives, my kind, wise heav'nly Friend.

He lives and loves me to the end.

He lives, and while he lives, I'll sing.

He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King.

He lives and grants me daily breath.

He lives, and I shall conquer death.

He lives my mansion to prepare.

He lives to bring me safely there.

4. He lives! All glory to his name!

He lives, my Savior, still the same.

Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:

"I know that my Redeemer lives!"

He lives! All glory to his name!

He lives, my Savior, still the same.

Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:

"I know that my Redeemer lives!"

I just love this song so much! I highly recommend listening to it. It has a beautiful message and a lovely tune.

That's all I have for today. Please vote, comment, and share with your friends. Bye! Have a wonderful night! Happy Easter!