3/1/19 - Inspirational

"I've realized now that our world doesn't define us. We define our world."

- Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger

I think this is something that a lot of people may not realize. They think the world around them makes them who they are. In reality, it's the other way around; we shape the world into what it is. 

Earlier this week, we were talking about hope. The topic of suicide came up, and someone said something that really stuck out to me. They asked their friends with suicidal thoughts why they would want to end their life. The answer was because they thought they had nothing to live for. "The world is only going to get worse," they said.

What they don't realize is that things don't have to be worse. But they will be if everyone just sits back and doesn't try to change the world. Our generation holds the power to make the future better. If you don't like the way the world is, improve it rather than try to escape it.

In other words, "Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Let's make this our goal for the month of March. You have the power to stop the world from getting worse. You just have to step up and take action instead of just holding your breath and hoping things will get better. 

Don't lose hope for the future of the world. Be the hope for the future of the world.

Anyways, please vote, comment, and share with your friends. Bye! Have a wonderful night! And don't let the world define you; define the world.

(P.s. I'm having a really good day today. I go to a morning scripture study class, and one of my classmates brought their puppy, and let everyone take turns holding her. She was ten weeks old, and half her size was fluff. She was so soft, and she was licking my hand for the few minutes I got to hold her. It was a great start to the day.

And then in my English class, we had a Shakespearean insult competition. I made it to the finals (even though I should have won;)! It was just a very pleasant day! I hope yours was as good as mine!)