3/27/19 - Funny

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

― Groucho Marx, The Essential Groucho: Writings For By And About Groucho Marx

...Unless the dog swallowed a flashlight.

I have no idea who Groucho Marx is, but I thought this quote was good. Funny, but true!

I think that it's the other way around. A book is a man's best friend. If you think that a dog is man's best friend, then check out a book about dogs. 

I know reading about dogs isn't the same as having a real dog, but I think I've made my point.

Now on to other funny things....

Yesterday, my theatre teacher said something about feeling rushed. My friend (we can him "The Pun Master" for now) said, "If you're Russian, than Soviet."

That probably doesn't make sense because part of the reason it was funny was because of the way he said it. He pronounced "Soviet" like "So be it," but replacing the "b" sound with the "v" sound. Gosh, I hope I didn't over explain this! I have a tendency to do that!

Also, another one of my friend sometimes does morning announcements, and always includes a "fun fact" that is something utterly ridiculous. The other day he said, "Did you know that German is the only language----anyways, please stand for the Pledge of Allegiance..." It's just funny because he said it like he was going to say something else, but he just stopped and continued with announcements. 

One last thing; have you seen Senator Mike Lee's speech about the Green New Deal? I normally don't watch stuff like that, but it is hilarious! BEST SPEECH EVER! Whether you agree with his ideas or not, you should watch it for the entertainment value.

Anyways, please vote, comment, and share with your friends. Bye! Have a wonderful day! And remember a book is your best friend! (Unless you're inside of a dog;)