Introduction

Hello, Readers ~

To those unfamiliar with my Hetalia fanfiction, first off, thanks for checking this book out. What's written here is a long introduction to the contents of this guide as well as explain my interest in the subject. To those who want to dive straight into the book, feel free to skip this because it's pretty long. But to those who want to learn more about the thinking process behind this book, continue reading what's written below.

Prior to making this book, I mainly wrote Hetalia fanfiction involving my 50 States of America OCs. At one point, I described my 50 States OCs' relationship with their neighbors in the north and the south. Eventually, I got into making OCs on the Canadian Provinces. And now, as one could tell by the title of this book, I got into making OCs on the Mexican States.

Some of y'all might find my decision to make a Hetalia OC guide about Mexican States baffling. Like, what got me, an English-speaking gringo, into this kind of subject? Why bother making more Hetalia OCs? Why bother learning another country's history and culture? Why bother creating this book knowing most of my American audience might not be interested on the matter?

Well, I like history. I also like learning about different cultures. Mexico is no exception. Learning about their history and culture is just as interesting as learning about America's and any other place in the world.

When I looked up Hetalia OCs based on the Mexican States, there were rarely any results compared to OCs based on the 50 States of America. From what I could guess, the reason there were few results might be due to the fact APH Mexico had yet to be confirmed as a canon character in Hetalia.

Don't get me wrong! APH Mexico is a popular fanon character alongside many Latin American countries, all of whom many Hetalians want to see become canon. There's plenty of artwork and fanfiction associated with APH Mexico compared to the few works revolving around the Mexican States. I've already created a Mexico OC in relation to my fanfiction. I can stop there.

Yet, I didn't.

I wanna add more material for OCs based on Mexico, Mexico City, and the Mexican States. With this guide, I hope to expand anyone's knowledge on these OCs. On occasion, I may have them appear as guest characters in my 50 States fanfiction. By chance this book gets popular, I may start writing stories on them.

While I acknowledge my status as a gringo, I take great pride in these OCs. I base them off their history, their culture, and their stereotypes. Indeed, I'm aware of Mexican stereotypes being an issue. Which is why I'm careful not to make them gross caricatures. Overall, all these OCs are well-rounded characters, all of whom are unique from one another.

Obviously, there'll be people who'll disagree with the portrayal of these OCs. My only defense is the information I based these OCs on is limited, therefore there may be areas I haven't defined in detail. Other than that, feel free to criticize my work in a polite manner. I don't mind making changes to these OCs if it means making them more accurate as representations. However, please understand these OCs are created by me. I have the final say on what I do with them. Rude, toxic comments will only annoy me, so always be respectful when commenting.

Before diving into this book, I like to explain the format of these OCs' profiles:

+ Pictures: With all my Hetalia OCs, I'll usually have a picture accompany their profile to provide some kind of visual for their appearance. Unfortunately, I can't draw, at least not well. I'll usually use apps to create anime-esque pictures of my OCs, however, the apps I used are limited in quality. The other option involves using pictures I've gathered from the Internet; all of which belong to talented artists. Even then, the pictures I find won't necessarily match the OCs' physical description. Overall, the purpose of these picture is meant to help visualize what these OCs look like.