20. Sinaloa

Human Name: Soraya Rivera Espinosa

Gender: Female

Age: 16 Years Old

Before Statehood: In 1531, Nuño Beltrán de Guzmán and his expedition became the first Europeans to arrive in the region, slaughtering and slaving thousands of indigenous natives during their conquest. In 1564, most of the region was incorporated into Nueva Vizcaya, a province of New Spain. With the rise of mining in the region, the Spanish Crown recognized the State of Sonora y Sinaloa in 1733. Both Sonora and Sinaloa would join an independent Mexico in 1824 as the Estado de Occidente. Sinaloa would later separate itself and become a Mexican state in 1830.

Statehood: October 14, 1830 (20th)

Hair Color: Black Ombre

Eye Color: Harvest Gold

Notable Traits: Medium length, wavy hair. Her sense of fashion has two extremes: stylish dresses in vogue or thrift store tank tops and baggy pants. She has ear piercings. She's known to smoke marijuana on a weekly basis. She has a Mexican black kingsnake as a companion.

Favorite Foods/Drinks: Aguachile (raw seafood dish), Cahuamanta (seafood dish), Chilorio (pork dish), Jocoque (milk-based dish), Sinaloa-Style Sushi

Favorites: Banda (music), Boxing, Modelling, Rap (music), Ulama (ball game)

Personality: Boorish and Sassy. She loves getting attention for her gorgeous looks, but the moment some jerk decides to treat her with disrespect she won't pull her punches. Her tough demeanor comes from a history of crime, numbing her sense of morals as well as turn her into a cynic. Her sarcastic comments have always made her seem insensitive, so it isn't unusual for her to get an earful from an older peer. Other than that, she's like any outgoing woman, always in the mood to party and hang out with anyone looking for a good time.

~

Feel free to vote or comment any thoughts on my Sinaloa OC here.