22. Tlaxcala

Human Name: Arista Tlalli Castilla de Xicohtencatl

Gender: Female

Age: 25 Years Old

Before Statehood: The Tlaxcala Confederacy was founded by the Tlaxcalan natives in 1348. In 1514, in midst of its war with the dominant Aztec Empire, Tlaxcala began to assist Spain in their conquests. For the most part, Spain kept its promise to Tlaxcala and allowed them to keep much of their land and culture; in 1585, the territory of Tlaxcala was formally established as a part of New Spain. Years later on November 24, 1824, Tlaxcala was declared a federal territory of the newly independent United Mexican States, and it would later go on to become a Mexican state in 1856. On a side side, Tlaxcala had some beef with the neighboring territory of Puebla due to Puebla having some authority over them during the colonial period.

Statehood: December 9, 1856 (22th)

Hair Color: Dark Mahogany Brown

Eye Color: Hazel

Notable Traits: Long, sleek hair. Chestnut brown skin. Much to her contempt, she's the shortest among the Mexican states. However, she has big breasts. She uses a walking cane to get around (as well as 'stab' anyone she loathes).

Favorite Foods/Drinks: Maguey Worms, Mixiote (meat dish), Mole Prieto (aka Tlilmolli), Pulque (alcohol), Tlatloyos (aka Tlacoyos)

Favorites: Fighting, Playing Salterio (Mexican instrument), Huamantlada (similar to the running of the bulls in Spain), Sawdust Carpets, Sewing

Personality: Derisive and Ferocious. Long ago, she was a fierce warrior who got into bitter conflicts with her dominant sister, the Aztec Empire. After the death of the Aztec Empire, she was forced to become the 'Cradle of the Nation', a task she disliked until she learned to appreciate the memories although she would never admit such soft feelings to anyone. As time moved forward into a more 'peaceful' period, she had to become 'civilized' in her approach to things; no longer could she stab people with a spear. Instead, she would use her walking cane and a barrage of scathing comments to murder her enemies, mainly bratty kids.

~

Feel free to vote or comment any thoughts on my Tlaxcala OC here.