24. Aguascalientes

Human Name: Abel Posado Aguado

Gender: Male

Age: 15 Years Old

Before Statehood: The first Spaniard to enter the region happened around 1530-1531. In order to safely secure the Silver Paths between Zacatecas and Mexico City, the town of San Marcos was established on October 22, 1575 by the order of King Felipe II of Spain; the town's name was later changed to Aguascalientes on June 2, 1875. As a part of the Kingdom of New Galicia, the territory would become a dependency of Zacatecas on April 24, 1789. After Mexico became independent from Spain, the people of Aguascalientes were granted separation from Zacatecas on May 23, 1835 by Federal Decree of General Santa Anna; this wasn't made official for the region's statehood wasn't approved by the legislatures. After countless petitions and a close war with Zacatecas, Aguascalientes was finally approved to become a Mexican state on December 10, 1856.

Statehood: February 5, 1857 (24th)

Hair Color: Light Blond

Eye Color: Silver

Notable Traits: Shorter than average height. Like his older brother, Zacatecas, he's known to blush rather easily. He has a bit of OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder). Speaking of which, he has an obsession with chapstick. He has a rooster as a companion.

Favorite Foods/Drinks: Cheese and Butter Tamales, Chile Aguascalientes, Chocolate, Guava Glazed Pork Ribs, Pacholas (minced-meat dish)

Favorites: Baths, Bicycling, Hot Springs, San Marcos Fair, Spanish Colonial Architecture

Personality: Benevolent and Relaxed. Like Zacatecas, his older brother, he's all around a good person with pure intentions. The young state often gets compliments for maintaining a safe, modern environment although he tends to downplay his role out of humbleness. Whenever he has free times on his hands, he likes to take baths and enjoy himself at his many hot springs; he loves the clean feeling. Overall, he's a breath of fresh air from the more chaotic states that surround him.

~

Feel free to vote or comment any thoughts on my Aguascalientes OC here.