26. Hidalgo

Human Name: Jago Hidalgo de Soto

Gender: Male

Age: 15 Years Old

Before Statehood: After the Spanish conquered the Aztec Empire, Hernán Cortés claimed the area for himself; the first Franciscans arrived in the region in 1523. When Mexico became independent from Spain in 1821, the region became a part of the State of Mexico. In 1824, the region saw British mining companies inhabiting the area, helping to revitalize the mining sector; they also introduced pasties and football to the region. During the 1860s, the region was critical as a military district against French intervention. Once the French government was overthrown, the military district became the State of Hidalgo in 1869, named after the first leader of the Mexican independence movement.

Statehood: January 16, 1869 (26th)

Hair Color: Dark Brown

Eye Color: Fern Green

Notable Traits: Long, wavy hair. Well-built body thanks to physical activity (mainly wrestling and football). He's known to sport a silver cape (usually to add some 'flair'). He has thick eyebrows (thank England). He likes to make unnecessary appearances on a white stallion.

Favorite Foods/Drinks: Barbacoa, Escamoles (edible larvae), Pancitas (beef tongue stew), Pastes (pastry), Piltamales (type of tamale)

Favorites: Horse Shows, Hot Air Ballooning, Lucha Libre (wrestling), Football, Playing the Flute

Personality: Fanciful and Flamboyant. He doesn't stand out among his fellow states, yet he wants to fulfill the legacy of his legendary name. One way he does this is by creating a larger-than-life persona, depicting himself as a chivalric hero full of gusto. His vibrant personality has entertained and attracted many people as a result. Sometimes he gets carried away, slipping up, and embarrassing himself, but he'll carry on another day.

~

Feel free to vote or comment any thoughts on my Hidalgo OC here.