27. Morelos

Human Name: Máximo Morelos Zapata (mostly nicknamed Max)

Gender: Male

Age: 17 Years Old

Before Statehood: Prior to the Fall of the Aztec Empire in 1521, the Spanish quickly claimed Cuernavaca, a prosperous city with a suitable climate for crops and an ideal summer home to Aztec royalty. The region became the Province of Santo Evangelio, later becoming a part of the Province of Mexico in 1543. After Mexico became independent from Spain, Cuernavaca became a district of Mexico City in 1824. After the French invasion of Mexico in the 1860s, there was a need to divide the very large State of Mexico. This prompted the creation of the State of Morelos in 1869, named in honor of the revolutionary hero of the same name.

Statehood: April 17, 1869 (27th)

Hair Color: Scarlet Red (dyed from a reddish brown)

Eye Color: Pine Green

Notable Traits: Short height. Typically, he wears a white tunic with pale blue pants. Whenever he's in formal clothes, he'll always have a rose pinned to his suit jacket. He's quite sensitive to extreme temperatures. He smells like flowers.

Favorite Foods/Drinks: Cecina de Yecapixtla (salted and dried meat), Chumiate (fruit liquor), Pozole (soup), Sopa de Nopalitos con Huevos (cactus and egg soup), Tacos Acorazados (aka 'Battleship Tacos')

Favorites: Art, Chinelos (dancers), Corridos (music), Poinsettias, Spring

Personality: Fancy and Merry. Historically, his summer house has been a great retreat for the noble, the powerful, and the rich, so it isn't surprising his life reflected such decadence; rarely has he faced hardships. He tries to act humble, but it's obvious he loves being spoiled. It's difficult for him to relate to the unfortunate, however, he's doing his best to fix such problems. On a side note, he's probably one of the only people who can tolerate Mexico City's presence.

~

Feel free to vote or comment any thoughts on my Morelos OC here.