13. Tabasco

Human Name: Tomás Bautista Huerta

Gender: Male

Age: 22 Years Old

Before Statehood: The region was once the center of the Olmec Civilization as well as numerous other indigenous groups. In 1518, the Spanish made contact with the region's inhabitants; the region was nicknamed the "Eden of Mexico" due to the creation of the first Mestizos between Spaniards and the indigenous people of the land. Unlike most provinces of New Spain, the region was largely ignored due to a lack of resources, isolating the region from early development. In 1815, Tabasco declared its independence from Spain. It would later become a Mexican state under the 1824 Constitution.

Statehood: February 7, 1824 (13th)

Hair Color: Chocolate Brown

Eye Color: Cocoa Brown

Notable Traits: Bronze skin tone. His traditional clothes consist of a white shirt and pants, black boots, black belt, a chontal style hat, and a red handkerchief around the neck. He has a giant forehead. He's known to eat seven times a day. He has a jaguar cub as a companion.

Favorite Foods/Drinks: Chorote (cacao drink), Pejelagarto (alligator-headed fish), Platanitos Rellenos de Carne (Meat Stuffed Plantains), Pozol (cacao drink), Yuca en Naranja (Yucca in Orange Juice)

Favorites: Boating, Emeralds, Jaguars, Olmec Artwork, Zapateos (dance)

Personality: Bitter and Sensitive. During the Colonial Era, he was constantly bullied by his fellow states for being a malinchista (traitor) due to his role in the Aztec Empire's downfall. He has since proven his loyalties, however, he's still the same crybaby many years later. Anyone who wants to talk to him will have to give him lots of food, especially chocolate, or else he'll bite your head off. On a side note, he has nothing to do with a popular brand of hot sauce.

~

Feel free to vote or comment any thoughts on my Tabasco OC here.