15. Nuevo León

Human Name: León Montemayor Abraham

Gender: Male

Age: 20 Years Old

Before Statehood: In 1582, the King of Spain established the New Kingdom of León. Years later on September 20, 1596, Diego de Montemayor founded the region's first successful settlement known as the Ciudad Metropolitana de Nuestra Señora de Monterrey (Metropolitan City of Our Lady of Monterrey). Despite disinterest in the Mexican War of Independence, the region joined the Mexican federation in 1824. That same year, it separated itself from Coahuila y Tejas to become its own state known simply as Nuevo León. On a side note, the state had attempted to separate itself from Mexico... twice and failed both times (referring to the Republic of Rio Grande in 1840 and the República de la Sierra Madre in the 1860s).

Statehood: May 7, 1824 (15th)

Hair Color: Raisin Black

Eye Color: Spanish Blue

Notable Traits: Taller than average height. He wears glasses. He'll always sport a tejana (cowboy hat). He's known for his loud voice. He has an armadillo as a companion.

Favorite Foods/Drinks: Cabrito (goat), Capirotada (dessert), Frijoles Charros (aka Cowboy Beans), Glorias (candy), Machacado con Huevo (shredded, dry beef with eggs)

Favorites: American Football, Money, Norteño (music), Rock Climbing, Vaquero Traditions

Personality: Boastful and Outspoken. He's a rambunctious vaquero who takes inspiration from his neighbor in the North. Modernized and well-educated, he takes great pride in the wealth he has gained, however, he's reluctant share any of it with anybody. He often comes off as an angry jerk, however, the only times he has gotten angry are with sports, chilangas, and a long day of work. All in all, his ambitions will continue to climb until he surpasses all who surround him.

~

Feel free to vote or comment any thoughts on my Nuevo León OC here.