29: Baja California

Human Name: Bethania Asturias Salinas (nicknames include: Baja, Norte, and Beth)

Gender: Female

Age: 18 Years Old

Before Statehood: Spaniards first arrived in the area around 1539. The first permanent settlement was created years later in 1695. As the region slowly developed, the California Peninsula was divided into Alta California and Baja California in 1804. After Mexico became independent from Spain, Baja California became a federal territory in 1821. Many years later, Baja California split itself from Baja California Sur in 1930.

Statehood: January 16, 1952 (29th)

Hair Color: Golden Brown

Eye Color: Dark Olive Green

Notable Traits: Long, wavy hair (sometimes she puts it up in a ponytail). Sun-kissed skin. She loves to wear chic clothes as well as various jewelry. She has a 'unique' sex drive. She's a master of Mexican slang.

Favorite Foods/Drinks: Caesar Salad, Fish Tacos, Margaritas, Puerto Nuevo Style Lobster, Torta Baja California

Favorites: Chic Fashion, Gambling, Surfing, Nightclubs, Winemaking

Personality: Devil-May-Care and Flirtatious. Like any Californian, she loves the sociable sun, the beautiful beach, and the taste of wine in the cool evening. She doesn't let herself be bound by rules, allowing herself participate in pleasure-seeking vices. Her fellow states want her to chill out and behave appropriately, but she can't help herself; she's essentially a party animal on the loose. On a side note, she loves helping her sisters out whenever they're in a bind.

~

Alternate Picture:

~

Feel free to vote or comment any thoughts on my Baja California OC here.