Life or death

"Since it came to this the only thing left to do is to smash the mirrors!" Sasuke said as the did a various of hand sings. "What are you gonna do?!" "These mirrors are made of ice...and all ice melts" Sasuke stated, "Fire style! Fire ball jutsu!" Sasuke said as Naruto watched as the fire ball jutsu failed, I mentally face palmed. "It didn't work at all!" Naruto said at loud. "They won't melt with that level of firepower" Haku said softly before lifting up a senbon needle. My cover's going to get blown at this point. I cant keep letting them get hit like this. Sighing, I jumped out the mirror with a kunai in my hand and ran around the two to deflected the needles. Sasuke's and Haku's eyes eyes widened in shock, Naruto was trying to figure out how Haku attacked them. "Why did you protect them?" Haku asked. I couldn't answer, and if I did the only thing that was come out was laughter since the bloodlust I released was nothing but a waste of time. Sasuke was to shocked to answer but took the chance to attack me. I dodged and tackled him to the ground again. "Calm down, I'm on your side" I whispered in his ear. "Do you expect me to believe that." "If you don't ask dad when this is over." I said, he didn't answer back. I got off of Sasuke and faced Haku and said, "I'm sorry Haku. It cant be helped" I spoke louder so Zabuza could hear and so dad could know my job was over. "My mission was to go undercover and get and intell on you and Zabuza for my team!". Haku couldn't believe what I just said and stood there in disbelief. Just then Naruto did Shadow clone jutsu, "If so then i'll just find out which one's the real one by hitting them all!!" Naruto said. 'Idiot', within seconds then clones disappeared in smoke and Naruto was knocked to the ground.

~Time Skip~

I can tell that Haku wasn't taking the whole 'I was a spy' thing to well, he kept on attacking and I continued to protect Naruto and Sasuke from getting hit but it was getting a bit harder,especially since Naruto passed out, dad was hurt... I think. "Amychan, try to wake up Naruto" Sasuke said before running to another part of the dome. 'Easy for you to say' I stared at Naruto, I'm blank. I turned to the fight Sasuke and Haku was having, Sasuke was getting better at dodging Haku's attack's then I realized something, Sasuke had awakened his sharingan. I should have been able to sense that, my chakra's to low probably. I turned back to Naruto. 'What should I do?'. I opened my gourd and poured water on Naruto's face...it's not working? It was cold water too. "NO!" Sasuke shouted. I turned and saw Haku coming towards me and Naruto, I covered Naruto to protect him, I wouldn't get hurt...but...I didn't feel anything touch me... I felt something like water...I slowly turned to see Sasuke...bleeding. Naruto woke up and saw Sasuke and I. "You did it guys!" then he went quiet, I guess he noticed too, my eyes were focused on the blood at Sasuke's feet. Sasuke turned a bit of his face to us, "W-what kind of expression is that? You idiots?" "W-why? You protected me...Why!?" Naruto yelled. "How the hell should I know?" Sasuke said. I got up and tried to walk away...but...I couldn't. "Why?! Why me?!" Naruto asked standing up. "I never asked for your help!?" Naruto yelled. "I don't know...my body...just moved on it's own." Sasuke said as he fell backwards, I guess my body listened to it because the next thing I knew he was in my arms as I sat on the ground again. "Sasuke!" Naruto screamed, Sasuke looked at me then Naruto. "That man...until I defeat...my brother...I absolutely refused to die...that's what I decided but...Naruto...Amychan...don't die." Sasuke said as his eyes slowly closed and his body went limp. "Uchiha?" I whispered. "To protect someone close to him he would plunge in knowing it's a trap. He's a shinobi worthy of respect...Is this the first time you've seen your friend die? This is the life of a ninja." What Haku said felt so right to me, I feel like this wasn't the first time someone close to me died, the first time someone protected me, the first time I was told not to die. I sat there with Sasuke on my lap, my mind filled with emotions that I haven't felt in a long time, I started to remember...

~Flashback 1~

I was walking around the Sand Village on my own since my parents had gone talk to the Kazekage. I saw some kids playing catch and I walked up to them. "C-can I play?" I asked. "Sure thing, the more the mirier." One of the kids said. I smiled with joy, that was the first time someone said I could play with them and they didn't run away. I played with them until one of the boys threw the ball on top of the wall. "How are we suppose to get the ball back?" "I don't know, don't ask me." Just then the ball floated down. 'Huh? Did I do that?' The ball was floating in sand and a red head boy got the ball. The kids started to get scared. " H-hey,can I play-" "No way!" One of the kid's said before running away, the other's followed behind screaming. The red head looked down with sadness in his eyes. I walked up to him slowly, "A-are you ok?" I asked. He looked up at me with shock,"How come you didn't run away?" "Why would I run away?"
"I'm a monster" He said. I smiled, "I'm a monster too,well at least that's what they people of my village call me" I said. He didn't answer back. "W-will you be my friend?" I covered my mouth from what I had just said. 'Stupid! He would never want to be friends with you!' "R-really?" he said more than asked. I nodded slowly. "I'd love too!" He said joyfully. My face lit up with joy and I hugged him making both of us fall to the ground. "What's you're name?" He asked. "Amychan, you?" "Gaara" "Let's give each other nick names!" I said. "Ok....Rosy" "Huh? Why Rosy?" "Because you're cheeks have a rosy color." He said smiling. 'Was I blushing!?' "Ok then...Baby Bear" I said after noticing the stuffed bear he had. Then the blushing switched from me to Gaara. I got off of him an helped him up. "Let's finish the game shall we?" I said picking up the ball. He nodded in agreement.