Bonds

"So this is the place" Yamato said. "The entrance is straight ahead beneath that rocky area" his clone said. "Could it be that....Sasuke's there?" Naruto said. "Maybe" Sakura said. "Alright let's go" Naruto said as he started to walk but is then stopped by Yamato. He then put his palm on his clone's back making turn back into wood and go into his palm forming a seed. "Go after you swallow this, Naruto." Yamato said as we stared at the seed. "It's okay! You don't have to worry" He said with a closed eye smile. 'I would worry honestly....' Just then Yamato held his other palm out towards Sakura and I and opened it showing two more seeds. "Here, you guys too" "What!?" I yelled as Naruto and Sakura smiled sheepishly at my comment. "If we ever get separated I'll know where you guys are right away" Yamato said. "N-no way!" Naruto. 'No way is right!' "Seriously?" Sakura said as she took one of the seeds and looked at it. "What is this?" She asked. "Stated simply, this seed is a transmitter used for tracking." He said as he put a seed in Naruto's hand. "It's a ninja tool that resonates only with my chakra. It's the same thing I placed in Sai's clothing and food." "I see, that's how you were able to track him from this far" Sakura said. "When did you do that Captain Yamato?" Naruto asked. "Do you remember how it got out of the hot springs first?" "Now that you mention it...you did get out first" Naruto said. "Now you know why i went through the trouble of letting you guys enjoy the hot springs and magnificent food at my expense, right?" Yamato said and I stood there with a shocked expression on my face. "It wasn't just too improve our rapport, huh?" Sakura said. "And Lady Tsunade told me to take particular caution in regards of Sai, but never mind that, swallow that quickly" Yamato said. "Got it!" Sakura said making Naruto and I look at her shocked as she swallowed the seed. Naruto looked at the seed he was holding and then swallowed it too. "You too Amychan" Yamato said holding up the seed. "...Fine..." I said taking the seed swallowing it. 'Ugh...' "Alright, let's go you three!" Yamato said. "Right!" Naruto and Sakura said as I stood behind them completely bummed out.
               "Hey Captain Yamato, about that seed you made me eat." Naruto started off. "Yeah what about it?" Yamato said. "Well I was kinda curious about how long until it wears off." Naruto said. "Why are you worrying about that at a time like this?" Sakura asked. "It's kinda creepy isn't it? I mean it's useful in this situation but were not always going to be on a mission like this. It would be weird if Captain knew everything about our lives. Some stuff I sorta want to private." Naruto said as I stood behind Sakura gagging. "Oh you don't have to worry about that Naruto, it doesn't last forever." Yamato said. "Pacifically how long are we talking here?" Naruto questioned. "Really just how long the seed stays in the body. Somewhere around two or three days" Yamato said. "What!?" I yelled. "Oh so it's not so bad then." 'What do you mean by that!?' "So does that mean...I just have to let nature take it's course? Well I got to say it's a big relief to hear you say that" Naruto said with a closed eye smile "Know aren't you glad I asked Sakura" Naruto said before getting uppercut by Sakura towards a huge rock. "I think you need to learn some manners!" Sakura said completely ticked off as Yamato stood their in shock.

                   Once we were inside we started off with looking for Sai. We ran through the hallway following Yamato as until we stopped at a door. He then picked the locked and opened the door, "I knew you'd be in here" Yamato said as he went inside with us behind him. "I expected no less from an Anbu black ops under the direct command of the Hokage. To think I wouldn't be able to deceive you with that corpse." Sai said. Naruto then grabbed Sai "Spill it jerk! Why would you betray you're own teammates!" "If I were you I would make sure to not make to much noise. Things can turn quite ugly" Sai said plainly. "I'm gonna kick you're-!" "Naruto" Sakura and I said. Naruto then let go of Sai and turned away as Sakura took Sai's book out of her pouch and gave it to him, "Here Sai take this, it's yours isn't it?" "...Thank you" Sai said as he took the book. "You are under orders from Danzo right? We know Danzo and Orochimauru have teamed up and we know that their planning something big. You were chosen to be Danzo's and Orochimaru's go between. So spit it out what are they planning!" Sakura said. "Orochimaru is easy to read, he want's to try and destroy the leaf village again , isn't that right?" Yamato said. Sai remained silent for a while then spoke, "No that's-" "Why don't you wipe that phony smile right off you're face! I can already tell that what you're going to say is a dirty pack off lies!" Naruto said. "The truth of the matter is that you people have discovered my location, my mission is a complete failure. Even if we fought I couldn't possibly beat all of you by myself. You are correct. The plan is to crush the Hidden leaf village. My former mission was to form an alliance with Orochimaru and to make a conspiracy with him so that together we can destroy the village. The other half of my mission was to gather Intel on Orochimaru, in short to report his activity back to Lord Danzo." "That's right keep talking, own up to everything you've been hiding." Yamato said holding up a kunai. "So let me get this straight, you went to Orochimaru and made sure to earn his confidence so that you could defeat him later?"Sakura said as Sai nodded. "That's a suicide mission..." Sakura finished. "If the leaf did fall we fully believe that Orochimaru would try to betray us. But this way we always make sure we have the advantage over him." Sai said. "I understand." Yamato said. "So it's Danzo, he want's to take over the leaf village. But hold on, you were sent in alone to sent all this in motion?" Sakura asked making Sai roll some scrolls out with information on them. "The intelligence I write down transform into little animals, they can defend themselves as they go back to the leaf village." Sai said as what everything he just said happened. "You see I was chosen for this mission specifically because of my abilities" Sai said. "But if the village were to fall innocent people are going to die! Do you understand what you're doing? Did you ever stop to ask yourself why?" Sakura asked. "No" He stated plainly "I just follow orders." Sai finished making me glare at him.

~Time Skip~

                    We had left the hideout with Sai bounded up with Yamato's wood, "I apologize Sai but I'll be leaving behind my clone to stand guard here" Yamato said. "Alright, the way I see it were right back at square one, The mission is to save Sasuke." Naruto said. "I wouldn't bother if I were you. It's just that, you see I meet Sasuke. Where ever Sasuke goes Orochimaru is always with him. That is to say, if you want to rescue you're friend you'll have to go through Orochimaru. If you go after them he'll tear you to bit's and make you one of his test subjects...and besides..." "Besides what?" Naruto said. "...It won't matter, Sasuke told me he doesn't care about you. That's the truth. According to Sakura you look up to Sasuke as if he were you're brother or something. So why then......why save someone who doesn't respect you? Why stand up to the like of Orochimaru, why risk yo're life for someone who doesn't want to be saved?...Why do so, when no one is even ordering you to do so?" Sai asked as I looked down at him remembering this I wished never happened. "...It's funny...there was a time when I really hated Sasuke's gut's. Neither of us had any families but that did bring us any closer. I was always the loudmouth in the class and Sasuke was always on top. But when I look back I got to admit it was pretty fun being around the guy. I mean after all, Sasuke is the only person who accepted more than anybody else. Sasuke is my best friend, it took a while but now we have a special bond" "A bond?......You may have a bond but you still have to deal with Orochimaru" Sai said. "Don't you get it? it doesn't matter how strong my opponent is. If he tear's off my arms I'll just kick him dead. If he tear's off my legs I'll bite him dead. And if he tear's off my head I'll stare him dead. If he gouge's out my eyes I'll curse him dead. Even if I get chopped into pieces I'm going to beat Orochimaru and take my friend Sasuke back once and for all." Naruto said making me smile at his comment.

'Be on you're guard Roseapast, something's going to happen but I can't say what right now'

'Sure thing Buraddi'

'Oh and another thing...you're shadow's are driving me crazy'

'Sorry but as for right now their not my problem'

'HEY WATCH IT!!!' Buraddi yelled. I can tell he wasn't meaning me from all the noise I could hear from where he was at.