Coming back to old friends

We had left the sand and made our way towards the leaf village. Naruto is front with everyone following behind, especially dad and Guy-sensei. "Can't you two go any faster?" Tenten said. Guy-sensei was helping carry dad back to the village and they were lagging behind. I followed the group from behind but not closely. "Hurry up will ya!" Tenten yelled. Just then someone dad yelled. "H-hey!" They all stopped and turned around, "What happened?" Neji said. Guy-sensei giving dad...a piggy back ride. What the..?  "...Oh I get it a training exercise!" Lee said excitedly. Guy started to run towards us in full speed. "Gain way!" He yelled as he ran past the group. We all jumped to the side before getting run over and got surrounded by dust. "Hahahaha, what's wrong slow pokes can't keep up with me!" Guy said in the distance. Just then Lee moved his bag around to his stomach and bent over, "Neji?" "Forget it!" "Tenten?" "No way" "Amychan?" Silence. Everyone turned around and saw my distance from them. In the end, Lee ended up carrying everyone's bags but mine and ran off to catch up with Guy. But because of that everyone decided to run after them to catch up.
                     We made it back to the village to see Guy-sensei and Lee talking, "I hate to break it to you but I have some bad news" "Huh, what would that be sensei?" "You did not come in second you finished in third place! You are forgetting that I have Kakashi on my back technically he came in second" "Aahhh! You taught me yet another valuable lesson Guy-sensei, I still have so much to learn!" "I'll never get used to their ridiculous level of intensity" Neji said a bit annoyed, "Still they got us back to the village pretty darn fast" Tenten said as I stopped behind them. "Alright is everyone accounted for, let's report to Lady Tsunade right away" Guy-sensei said, "Um, Guy-sensei...Kakashi-sensei is looking a little..." "....Ah your right, first stop is the hospital then we'll report to in!" "Hey wait a second" one of the leaf ninja standing guard says catching our attention. "What are you doing holding that?" he finishes pointing to the cloak in my arm. I look down and away from the two leaf ninja. "I-" "To the hospital we go!" I hear Guy say as someone grabs me and everyone takes off in the direction of the hospital. When we get there we all stop at the entrance as Guy and his team go in and get dad cheeked in. "...Why did you guys do that?" I ask. "Huh?" Naruto says. "Why'd you stop me from telling them what I've done," I say looking at them. I can tell that I just made the atmosphere around us tense by asking that. "You looked tense," Naruto says making me look at him confused. "You didn't look okay at all when they questioned you" Naruto says as Sakura nods in agreement. I turn around and look up at the sky. "You guys go on without me. I'll catch up a little later" I say. Naruto and Sakura both look at me worriedly then at each other before leaving. When they were gone I headed towards the Hokage's  office and knocked on the door. "Come in!" Tsunade says. Opening the door I enter and stop halfway in the room as she sees me. "Amychan?" Tsunade says somewhat shocked. Shizune stood next to her with Tonton in her arms as always. I walk up to her desk and drop my cloak on top of it. She narrows her eyes at it showing me that she knows what it is. "This is..." "It's mine," I say shocking both people in the room. "What did you say?" Tsunade says more than asks looking at me. "...That cloak belongs to me..."

"It's what I heard from the Akatsuki member, Sasori. He said it was a reward for beating him" Sakura explains to Tsunade. "...Is this true Amychan?" Tsunade questions. I nod in response. After all, I was supposed to be joining him on his mission. "In ten days...at Tenchi Bridge, huh..." "Four days has passed. So it would be in six days" Sakura says. "Well, since it has been confirmed by Amychan we can trust our source," Tsunade says. "Yes" Sakura says agreeing. "But what would you do if it was a trap" Tsunade says making me look at her. Does she not trust what I've told her?  "There is a possibility that Orochimaru is just bait, and the Akatsuki will be waiting there" Tsunade finishes. "Impossible. Both Sasori and I have discussed this topic whenever we got the chance to and it was for a reason" I say. "And what would that be?" Tsunade questions. "...We both want Orochimaru gone" I say. There is a brief silence before Tsunade sighs."Team Kakashi has been on short staff ever since you and Sasuke left. We can only add another member and create a new team" Tsunade says. "Lady Tsunade!" Shizune says. "What is it?" "You should send a different unit to investigate the situation. Even if you send Sakura to go you should leave Naruto out!" Shizune announces. "Shizune..." Tsunade starts off. "Yes?" "Like you, Sakura is one of the few ninja whom I can trust from the bottom of my heart. I will definitely let Team Kakashi go, mostly because Sakura is on it" Tsunade says. "Wouldn't it be the same if my team went?" Shizune says. "It's not the same. Sakura and Naruto are both desperately trying to seek out Sasuke, their former teammate. They wish to save Sasuke more than anyone. That strong desire will lead the mission to success. You and Sakura are different" Tsunade says. "I understand, but for this mission, Naruto should-" "Now that he's heard this...what would Naruto say?" Tsunade says. Hm. I thought I was the only one that sensed him. "Let's search for our new team member immediately!" Naruto says from above us. He then jumps from where he was and lands next to Tsunade on the railing. "Later!" He says jumping off the railing and out into the village. Sakura, Shizune and I watch as Naruto goes. "Amychan go with him" Tsunade says. "Huh?" I say confused. "Go with him. That will be your assignment for today. Wouldn't want to do anything too big for you after everything you've been through" Tsunade says.

~Time Skip~
 "Hm, let's see now who wound be good, I have to choose carefully because after all I don't want to choose someone who will slow the team down, but on the other hand it will have to be someone we can get along with otherwise we can kiss our teamwork goodbye...and the way Sakura get all goffy around boys I have to pick someone who isn't good looking" Wow, Naruto's actually saying something that make's sense. "Long time no see Naruto and Amychan" a voice said. Huh? We turned around to see Shino. He didn't change as much, "... Sh-" I go to say when Naruto cuts me off. "Who are you?" Naruto asked. Really?. "It's me..." Naruto ran up to Shino and tried to scan his face, "Oh yeah! Yeah your....." Are you serious Naruto? "I know it's been a while, but you should at least try to remember your friends...or else it just turns the other person's feelings," he said. "Wait the voice and that weird way of talking could it really be, oh yeah, Shino!" "It finally came to you at least someone was able to tell it was me..." "How am I suppose to recognize you with your face covered up like that!" Naruto yelled before something big hit the ground. "What's up your early Shino!" Kiba said. What the...Akamaru is...so. Naruto and I were shocked, "...Kiba is that you?" "Hey!" He said in a happy way before jumping off of Akamaru's back. He walked up to Naruto and sniffed him, "Yep, no mistaking that sent it's Naruto alright" "You had to smell me first, what's that all about?" Akamaru barked gaining Naruto's attention, "That dog isn't...no it can't be" "What do you mean..oh yeah it's Akamaru who else would it be" "Waaa!" "Man look at you Naruto you really grew," Kiba said sizing him, "That's nothing compared to Akamaru...it's hard to believe he got that much bigger in such a short amount of time" Naruto said, Short amount huh. "Did he really were always together so I guess I don't notice it that much" "You weren't able to sit on his back in the past" I said, "Yeah you would always carry him around on the top of your head, you remember right Shino-eh!" "You recognized Kiba right away, didn't you Naruto" Shino said with a hint of anger in his voice. "Naruto is this your girlfriend or something?" Kiba asked. What? "Huh, what make's you say that, it's Amychan!" He opened his eyes in shock. "What, Amychan? No way, you changed a lot!" Kiba says in disbelief. Compared to Akamaru, not really...

  ~Time Skip~
"I'm sorry but like I already said I've been put in charge of the chunin exams, it's a big fat drag but there it is" Shikamaru said, "I mean I'd like to lend you a hand Naruto for old times sake but these days my time isn't my own anymore.Besides the fifth Hokage appointed me she'll kill me if I just quit and wen't with you" He sighed, "You don't want to get on her bad side, she's worse than my mother" Naruto pouted, "And here I thought 'At least I know one guy who's a heads up guy, good old Shikamaru will help me'" "Don't give me thoses guilt tripping puppy dog eyes on me I said it's imposible" "Hey I'll help you out" Huh? "Here you go Shikamaru your mom asked me to bring you your lunch box" Choji said holding out a wrapped up lunch box. I blinked a couple times."C-Choji!" Naruto said happly. "What are you talking about Choji how would you be able to help him out, have you forgotten about the mission your goingon with Asume and Ino?" Shikamaru said, "Yeah but he needs help I can't turn down an old time friend like Naruto. Don't worry I'll clear it with Asume-sensei" "It dosen't matter if you clear it withAsume because he has to clear it with Lady Tsunade, and there's no way she's going to say yes" "Well anyway there's no harm in trying here have your lunch box" "Oh thanks!" Naruto said, "Um Naruto..." "I think that my lunch" "Oh, sorry about that" He hands the luch box to Shikamaru the same time Choji starts eating his bag of chips. "Haha, Always eating just like the old days, compared to back then you gained..." Just then I sensed something behind us and jumped out the way, "...weight!" Naruto finished as Shikamaru pushed him out the way. Choji dropped the chips and punched some kinds of lion thing in the face and it burst into ink. "Behind you!" One of the lions was about to attack Shinamaru when Choji grabbed and crushed it making it burst into ink aswell. "Over there" Shikamaru said. We looked in the direction he was looking at to see someone sitting on top of a roof wearing a leaf headband. "I don't reconize him but he's wearing a leaf headband" Naruto says. "A sneak attack huh. I don't know what this guy is up to but one good way to find out is to capture....him and turn him in to the intergation core!" Shikamaru started his shadow postion jutsu. "Go Naruto I'll back you up!" "Right!" He ran towards the building, when he got close about six lions appeared above him making me 'tsk'.