Closer

"We'll get going after I create a lookout" Yamato said as he did a hand sign. Before anything else could happen an attack was launched but we easily avoided it. As we landed on the ground Kabuto jumped above us and in front of Sai. 'So this is what Buraddi was telling me to look out for'. "My, my. I thought we had given you people the slip. But you were one of Lord Orochimaru's experiments, I guess I should have expected as much" Kabuto said as he fixed his glasses. "...Kabuto" Naruto said holding back his anger. "You just don't quit" Sakura said. "Of course he doesn't, it's his job to annoy the hell out of us" I say. "Hm Sai, judging by the circumstances it appear's that they have taken you captive" Kabuto said earning no response from Sai. "Stay out of this, if you try to interfere I won't go easy on you" Naruto said as a clone ran down from above Kabuto ready to hit him with a attack. Kabuto moved out of the way with ease and kicked the clone away, "That's pointless" Kabuto said. "It may be pointless but we won't know unless we give it a shot!" Naruto yelled as he made four more shadow clones. "We've come way to far to let you get in our way!" The clones yelled as they surrounded and attacked Kabuto but failed miserably. "That's not what I was talking about" Kabuto said as he destroyed three of Naruto's clones. Yamato and I, at the same time, did some hand signs as wood and water launched towards Kabuto. Grabbing Sai he jumped out of the way and into the air as the attacks followed him. Sakura and I ran up the wood and at Kabuto ready to punch him. Before we even touched him contact was made with his face but sadly we missed and punched the mountain making a large hole. 'Dammit'.

             Kabuto avoided the attack and landed safely on the ground with Sai in hand. "That was pretty impressive" Kabuto said with that damn smirk on his face again. "I suggest you look out four eyes" I said making him look at me and then at the wasp that started to surround him in shock. '...Even with a bit of luck'. Kabuto started to kill the wasp quickly. After killing them all of he looked at all of us then at Sai. "Well it doesn't look like you betrayed us Sai, so I still trust you" Kabuto said as he freed Sai from the wood Yamato trapped him in. "I must say, watching you people fight it's truly pathetic"Kabuto said. 'What did he just say?'. I was about to charge at Kabuto when Sakura held her arm in pain. "Sakura! Are you okay?" I asked as I started to heal her. "What I meant was, even if you do beat me it's pointless, people change. Sasuke is no longer the boy you knew" Kabuto said as I finished healing Sakura and returned my view towards Kabuto to see Sai holding him in a down. "Sai...what do you think your doing!" Kabuto said looking at him. "You have a mission, your in the A zone between Danzo and Lord Orochimaru! What's the meaning of this" Kabuto said. "...If people can change, then so can I. But there are also some things that don't change...that bond. Show me, I want to see it for myself" Sai said looking towards Naruto. 'Wow, that was unexpected'. "Sai keep a tight hold on him" Yamato said doing the same thing he did to Sai and trapped Kabuto in wood.
                   We all stood around Kabuto as Yamato made another wood clone to stand guard of him. "Look Sai, I hope you know what your doing" Naruto said. "I'm curious about this bond you and Sasuke shares that keeps you going after him. I can't say I know what it means but I want to understand it." Sai responds back with a smile. "It's nothing but his stupidity" I say folding my arms making Naruto look at me with a, 'Give me a break' face. Kabuto laughs. "Hey what's so funny four-eyes!" I shouted annoyed. "You people obviously don't know the real Sasuke," Kabuto said. "Alright tell us where he is" Yamato said. "By now he's probably finished training and has retired into one of the inner rooms." "That's true, there's no reason to believe he's lying to us" Sai said. "Alright then let's get going!" Naruto said as Sai chimed in, "However, in a room is somewhat vague" Sai said. "Even I don't know where it is" Kabuto said. "Well if that's the case then we'll just search every one of them!" Naruto said. "Well thank you for being so straight forward with us" Yamato said. "Oh no, you shouldn't be thanking me" Kabuto said. "Why not? You think we're not going to make it out?" I asked. "Nope" "Why you!" Naruto says when Yamato stopped him. "Well we won't know that unless we give it a shot" Yamato said. I stood there and watched Kabuto then looked at Yamato. "Let's go" He said as we left Kabuto and Yamato's clone behind.

                   When we had entered the hideout we ran through hallways to hallways keeping a close eye out for anything. "Okay, let's split up into two teams here" Yamato said. "Sakura comes with me, Sai, Naruto and Amychan go the opposite way" "Right" We all said as we ran off. Running from door to door we found nothing but continued on. I opened up a door as Naruto and Sai ran in and cheeked it out. "He's not in here either" Naruto said out of breath. "You guys, I think this is the last door for this level" I said. "Yes, let's move on to the next on and search there" Sai said. "Right" Naruto said as they walked out the room and closed the door. We ran to the next level as quickly as possible as Naruto lead us when he tripped. Out of reflex I let the water in my mini gourd come out and break Naruto's fall. "Naruto" I said as I stopped next to him. "Naruto, the other's are looking too so there's no need to push yourself so hard" Sai said. "Shut up, this is no time to be resting. Were so close to finding Sasuke" Naruto said as he tried to get up but passed out soon after making me sigh. "Why must you be so stubborn sometimes..." I say using the water I used to break his fall I commanded it to rest Naruto on the wall as Sai and I waited for him to wake up. Seeing as it was going to take a while I decided to check around the area to make sure no one was near. "I'll be back soon Sai" I said turning around and walking away. "Where are you going?" "I'm going to see if anyone's close by" I say as I on but stop soon after. "I still don't trust you Sai, if I come back and Naruto's harmed in some way I think you'd guess what will happen if I get my hands on you......I might have been a fool and left the village whiles everyone stayed behind but that dosen't change the experiences I had with them. Don't screw up what chances you have left" I finished. "...I wouldn't dream of it" Sai says. Hearing that I continue on and leave.

                     'Hm...dosen't seem like anyone's over here either' I think as I peek around a corner. 'I've been gone for to long, I should head back now before things take a turn for the worst' I think turning around and heading back to where I left Sai and Naruto. When I got back I see Sai and Naruto talking to each other. "Hey, guys I hope I didn't....." I started off but stopped when I saw a figure in the distance. Not waiting another second I place my hand on my katana's hilt ready to draw it. Noticing this the two looked in the direction I was looking at. "Well now Sai, the time has come for you to chose what side you will be on" Orochimaru said. Saying so the two got up ready for any attack when Orochimaru raised his hand, "Striking shadow snake!" He said as two snakes appeared out of his sleeves and charged at them. Jumping back for the distance they avoided the attack and landed next to me. "So, you've chosen their side I see Sai, or whatever your name is" Orochimaru said. "Leave this to us Sai, get out of here and find Sasuke" Naruto said as we both got in a fighting stance. Nodding he turned around and ran in the opposite direction. "So you came all this way to get your friend back, your persistence is impressive but do you think the outcome will be in your favor?" Orochimaru said. "I don't care if you are one of the legendary sanin like granny Tsunade or Pervy Sage. I'm going to defeat you and I will take Sasuke back!" Naruto yells. "Shadow clone jutsu!" "Water clone jutsu!" Naruto and I said in unison as clones appeared and ran towards Orochimaru. "Striking shadow snake!" Once again snakes charged at our clones destroying some as our clones destroyed the snakes. Getting a chance to get close to Orochimaru Naruto ran up to him with a kunai in hand and tried to stab him but failed as a snake wrapped around his waist and held him in the air. Throwing Naruto back leaving him distracted I moved out of my hiding place with the katana Haku gave me in hand and cut the snake in half as it disappeared. Getting up I swung it at Orochimaru as he avoided my attacks. "Why won't you die already!" Aiming for his head I swung my katana down and missed slightly as he dodged again and strands of his hair flew to the ground. Getting ready to swing again a snake wrapped around my ankle and threw me in Naruto's direction. Landing on my feet I slid across the floor and stood up next to Naruto. "Your going to have to try harder than that, show me what you can do. Striking shadow snake!"