• Thirty Eight •

The sunset shone through the window

You woke up at it shining in your face, making you shift in your sleep and open your eyes, letting out a quiet whine. Jungkook had his arm around your waist, his hand on your stomach while his face was buried in your hair.

You sighed softly and rubbed your eyes a bit, stretching slightly. Jungkook's soft and quiet snoring showed you he was not awake or waking up any time soon.

So you carefully got up, moving his hand away and glancing back at him with a small.

You let out a small chuckle at the sight of him now laying on his back, the hand that was on your stomach now resting on his and his other arm stretched on your side where you used to be laying.

While you dressed yourself, you couldn't stop thinking about how lucky you were to expect a child with Jungkook and be married to him.

Since he was such a caring and loving person that was now your husband, you could barely stop a smile from showing on your lips.

You put Jungkook's long, black coat on that you loved so much, letting his sweet scent overwhelm you and enter your lungs, making you relaxed.

Stepping out into the morning air, you walked down the stairs towards the beach. The sounds of the waves reaching the shore, the birds chirping, the soft wind that blew your hair in different ways.

You loved the peaceful feeling and ambient this place had, and you didn't want the two weeks to end. You stepped into the water, letting the cold liquid cover your toes, making you shiver.

You heard the door from the bungalow slam open, your head turning there quickly with wide eyes. You saw Jungkook going down the stairs quickly, making you go back to him after.

"N-Noona."

He fell to his knees in front of you, gripping his chest where his heart was. "What's wrong, Jungkook-ah?" You asked worriedly, falling to your knees by his side.

"I-It hurts."

You then realized he had sweat on his forehead and neck, his bangs already covered in it. "C-Come with me. I'll call Taehyung." You said, helping him up as worry overwhelmed you.

"N-No, wait."

You didn't listen to him, carrying him upstairs back into the room, laying him down on the bed as you nervously reached for your phone, dialing Taehyung's number.

Instead of picking up, he hung up, making you even more worried. "No, no! Don't hang up now!" You exclaimed, hearing Jungkook groan as he clutched his chest again.

"N-Noona."

You turned to him and left the phone on the table, taking his coat off and throwing it on the chair. You went to his side and grabbed his hand, sitting down on the bed. "J-Jungkook." You sobbed.

"W-Why are you crying?" He whispered.

His hand went up to your cheek, caressing it softly as he smiled. "I'm worried about you." You whispered back, feeling him pull you in and kiss your lips.

Right on that time, three quick knocks echoed on the door, making you pull away and look towards it. Once you got up, you made your way towards the door and opened it quickly.

"T-Taehyung?" You said with wide eyes, moving away when he walked in and quickly made his way to your husband with a bag that looked like a medical one. "I told you that doing the transplant now will put you in pain." He said.

"I-I couldn't w-wait."

You closed the door as Jungkook groaned in pain, Taehyung already opening a syringe with some type of liquid in it. "You're always impatient and these are the consequences," Taehyung said.

"I know." He said.

Sitting down on the other side of Jungkook, you watched Taehyung take care of him. "What's wrong with him, Taehyung?" You asked as tears kept falling, your heart racing in your chest.

He sighed when he saw your state, glancing down at Jungkook before moving back to work on his arm where he was about to push the needle of the syringe in his vein.

"You didn't tell her did you?" He asked, carefully pushing the needle through his skin and into the visible vein. "Tell me what?" You asked in confusion, feeling even more worried.

You glanced at Jungkook, seeing he was hesitating about something he wanted to tell you.

"I-I got a heart transplant, Y/n. I have a real, functioning heart now."