Chapter 2

nathans pov

I woke up the next morning because I heard music. I rolled over and checked my watch. Six thirty in the fucking morning! I slipped out of bed and went down the hall. I saw Ellen in the kitchen, she had on sivas shirt and shorts and a spatula in her hand.

Chasing the sun was playing and she was dancing around and singing. She flipped bacon and sang. She had that fire back in her eyes that I loved so much, whoa, did I just say love? Shit. She did a little twirl and went into the fridge and pulled out some cheese, adding it to the eggs she also had cooking.

"morning." i said, she dropped the cheese and spun around, backing up as she did so. "sorry, I did mean to startle you." I said, her eyes were wary. She took a deep breath and turned the music off. "sorry sir." she said. "please, stop calling me sir." I said, she just shrugged. "so, what's all this then?" I asked. "every morning I was alone in the cabin, so I could make food." she said, then flipped her food.

"here, let me help." I said and reached for the spatula. My hand brushed hers and she pulled away and flinched. "it's ok." I said as I flipped over some food. "how long were you in the cabin for?" I asked. "I don't want to talk about it." she said, I nodded. "that fine." I said as I put the food on a plate and went into the living room.

I sat on a couch and she gave me a guarded look, then sat down next to me, putting a lot of space in between us. We started eating and after a while I decided to talk. "so, I look like the guy that...' I started. "please, don't go there." she begged, I nodded. "i won't." I said. "what do you want to talk about?" I asked, she shrugged. "the weather." she said, I cocked my head at her.

"the weather?" I asked, she nodded. "ok, its rather cold." I said, she smiled. "ya, and snowy." she added, I grinned. "yes, the sun should come out soon." i said, I saw the fear slowly start to leave her eyes. "and who knows, if we're going east, we'll be chasing the sun." she said, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "yes, we will be CHA, CHA, CHA, chasing the sun, won't we." I said,she giggled.

I smiled, it sounded amazing when she giggled, just because she sounded so happy. "yes and we'll be so much better now." she continued, I grinned. "yup, and I'm sure you'll be glad you came on this bus with us," I said, she smiled and nodded. "yes, I'm sure my universe will never be the same." she continued and started laughing. She looked good, there was color going back into her cheeks, her eyes had the fire in them, that spark.

"yes, I feel something over me today, the sun might come out." I said. "the key turns inside, no place to hide, locked in no place, or well, stuck in no place with a boy band." she said, I laughed out loud and saw a smile on her face. "yup, cause we' behind bars, the bars of the tour bus." I said and she laughed. She looked carefree, although a little collected with her movements, she looked like a regular, happy go lucky girl.

"now come on, let's check that cut." I said, and just like that, her entire demeanor changed. She slouched down a little, the fire died and fear took it's place. She frowned and I saw her shrink inside of herself. She wasnt laughing or happy anymore, she was scared, she was prey. "I'm sorry! Ignore what I said, I don't like seeing you like this." I said, she just eyed me. "fuck, I'm sorry I brought it up." I said sadly, depressed that I'd lost the editable little kid Ellen.

She took a piece of bacon and put it in her mouth. "Nathan, ellen, we'll be at a hospital soon." said Martin as he walked in "no, please don't take me to a hospital." she whispered. "but Ellen, you have a huge cut on your side. You need to get it checked out." he said, she shook her head. "please don't make me. I'll be fine, I dont want to have them touching me." she whispered.

"alright, listen, if you don't want to go we won't forge you, but at least let us clean it out." I said, she shook her head. "how about siva does it?" suggested Martin, Ellen nodded slowly. "I guess, if you have to." she whispered, I nodded and Martin went and got him. I called the hospital and a nurse picked up. "London hospital,how can I help you?" she asked. "I need to talk to a doctor, now." I said.