A day out on the boat

Lacey

I felt someone's arms around me as I woke up. I looked down to see two muscular arms wrapped around me. I turned my head to see Vincent cuddling me.

He likes to cuddle, I thought to myself, laughing. He opened one eye while arching his brow at me. "What's so funny?" He mumbled.

That you like to a cuddle which reminds me of Larry," I snickered as he lifted his head and gave me one of his annoyed looks. "What? Larry is adorable." I giggled again as he rolled his eyes.

"That's it, the bear dies," he grumbled as he started getting out of bed.

I grabbed his arm as he looked at me. "No, it's not Larry, anything but Larry. He is so soft and cuddly. You don't want to kill something that cute, do you?" I fake pouted as his eye started twitching.

"Do not pout at me," he demanded as I jutted out my bottom lip further as he glared at me.

"Fine! You win! The damn bear wins!" he proclaimed as I grinned. He yanked his arm away from me as he stomped out of my room. "What I do for someone like you," he grumbled as I lay in bed, laughing.

Then I watched as he poked his head into the doorway. "That wasn't too dramatic, was it?" He asked me.

"Nope, but you need to put more emphasis on the threat. Make it sound convincing," I reasoned.

He stepped back in the doorway in his boxer briefs as he rubbed his chin, then gestured with his pointer finger. "If I glare more, that should help."

I got up and sat on my knees. "More of a dramatic expression as you exhibit a wave of immense anger. I enjoy knowing that there is no discussion. We must end the bear," I added as Vincent walked towards the bed.

"Like more menacing," he replied, understanding what I meant.

"Exactly," I said. Vincent nodded, then shook his head as he chuckled. He tackled me, pinning me to the bed. He pressed his lips to mine as he released my arms so I could wrap them around his neck as I kissed him back.

He broke from our kiss. "We better stop, or we'll never make our destination. But first things first, I need to deal with my meeting."

I looked at him. "Are you sure about going to this meeting? Yesterday you arrived back, not feeling well."

"It was a moment, but I assure you I'm feeling better than I did," he answered, giving me a reassuring smile.

"Okay, but if you return not feeling well, we can wait on any plans you have made for us," I reasoned.

"I'll be fine," he reassured me as he gave me a peck before getting off of me and leaving the room. I laid there having my doubts about that. If he returned in a few hours looking the way he did yesterday, we weren't going anywhere.

Vincent

I left the room, knowing she didn't believe me, but there was no way I was giving up a chance to spend the day with her out on a boat. I wanted to take her out to an area I knew she would enjoy, as I did.

I got ready then left the house, meeting Cruz out front. I climbed into the back seat as he looked at me through the rear-view mirror.

"I'm fine," I assured him as he pulled away. I have twelve days after today to present the fresh arrangement with Lacey. I hope she would agree. Yesterday evening, she made a kind gesture. She attended to me, checking on me, and making sure I had something to eat. No one has ever done that for me, not even my parents.

I grew up in a house with nannies, servants, and drivers. If I wasn't at boarding school, I was home with them and my sister. She was the only reason I didn't turn out poorly. Because of her, I had a sense of family. Our parents were never around.