16- Captain

" Oh! You both are in the dance team right?" Zaine asks Neil and Liam's eyes brighten up a bit at the mention of the team, they both loved the stage.

" My mom saw one of your performances at our annual day I believe and from that day onwards she has never stopped fangirling over you two," Zaine tells them both.

" Really?" Liam asks, he has always been a little insecure.

" Yes, she is a dancer herself, classical but she loved your performance something about how Liam is very flexible and a really good performer and how Neil  is both powerful and flexible." Zaine continues, he loved seeing his mom dance, loved how her eyes would sparkle, how she would look so happy.

Evan smiles at the conversation, he was currently talking to Vance about some rules, Ethan was talking to Nate catching up on everything.

" Cricket is partly practice and hard work and partly brain  with a sprinkle of luck." , Vance explains, Evan nods at the words.

" I believe you know about the team members and the basic rules?" Evan nods.

" I wanted to know a bit about the umpire thing and like the rules against cheating," Evan asks.

" To check that the umpires are fair we have 3 umpires, one stays on the ground while the other two look over from outside and  sometimes we have two umpires on the ground and two outside."

" And you don't know who it will be until the game starts?"

" No."

" Thanks, Vance!" Evan smiles, Vance smiles back, his cute dimples showing.

" How's the article going?" Evan jumps a little, partly from surprise and partly from the shivers due to Zaine's voice being too close to his ears.

" G-Good." Evan stutters a little, he was thankful that no one saw what happened as all of them were immersed in conversations between themselves, Zaine smiles a little at the reply.

" Why are you so adamant about the umpire issue?" Zaine asks a little bit of playfulness in his tone.

" What should I be so adamant on then? The captain issue?" Evan was done with Zaine's teasing, Zaine needs to understand that Evan doesn't give up. Two can play this game.

" W-What?" Evan lets a victory smile slip past his lips.

" So, Have they been cheating before?" Evan asks.

" Yes, but the rules have become harsher now, you won't be allowed to play cricket professionally or will be able to compete in any competitions if found guilty." Zaine was happy that Evan changed the topic, at the same time curious as to why Evan wants to know so much about this topic.

" Is cheating only done by players?" Evan was hesitant to ask about the coach, he knows Zaine will probably get angry at him if he says something about the coach, at least that's what he thought.

" Usually, yes." Evan was still unsure but he nodded anyway, Zaine could see that Evan wanted to ask something else too, just as Zaine was going to ask what was bothering him the bell rang, indicating the end of lunch break.

Evan bid them all goodbye before turning towards Zaine.

" Bye Captain!" Evan waved with a smirk before taking off.

Zaine was not amused.

°°°°

I love you all.

Thanks for the support.