Chapter 2

What do you think about Blair?

Blair's POV

Pulling the covers off of me, I slowly opened my eyes. As my eyes finally adjusted to the sunlight, I rubbed my eyes as I thought about how terrible my sleep was.

Sleeping has always been a big problem for me. I am scared of sleeping in the dark and on top of that I always feel like something is going to pounce on me. Whenever I close my eyes, I hear like every little things that happens around me. It creeps me out like crazy and it gives me a hard time sleeping. I find it comforting when someone sleeps besides me.

Most of the time I would cover my face and try to sleep but I end up feeling really hot. I don't understand what's with this crazy thing with me. Imagine hearing the slightest creaking sound at night and being alone in a room. I even remember when we first got this house, I used to hear footsteps on the floor just above my bedroom but it eventually stopped.

The amount of courage it actually takes me to go to pee at night is just another whole story. It's a whole freaking process. Consequently, I dread it when I have to go to sleep. I never really told that to anyone because I felt like they would not understand. They would probably think that I am crazy. 

Pushing all these negativity aside, I got up and got ready to go to the office. Wait since we are selling it to the Niarchos, I won't have a job there anymore right. I need find a new job then. After freshening up and taking a shower, I quickly put on my clothes and headed downstairs.

 After freshening up and taking a shower, I quickly put on my clothes and headed downstairs

"Good morning mommy. Good morning Daddy," I said as I joined them for breakfast. "Good morning Honey," they said at the same time. "Blair we will be seeing Sean Niarchos today to sign the papers and the contract. Remember if you don't want to do it, you don't need to," dad said as he held my hand and placed a kiss on it. "I know daddy," I said as I gave him a smile. I need to do it for them.

An hour later, we are already at the office. I was drowned in work and easily forgot about the current big problem in my life.

I was going through a file when my phone started to ring. Looking at the caller ID, I saw that it was my best friend Vanessa Jenssen. Vanessa is kind of mean to other people but she is the only person who was a friend to me.

We knew each other from childhood because our parents are friends but besides that, all the friends that I have had were with me because I am a Lennox and they would always use me for my money. Well Vanessa did not need to do that because her parents are rich.

Coming out of my reverie, I finally picked the phone up. "Hello," I said as I was reading the file in front of me. "Hey Blair, why don't you come to the usual restaurant. You won't believe how hideous Jasmine's dress is," she said making me roll my eyes. Sometimes I really ask myself how I am still friends with her. 

"Ness I can't come. I don't have time for that. All that you girls do there is gossip about everyone. I am really busy for the time being," I said as I started getting irritated. "Oh well do whatever suits you Blair," she said before hanging up. Sometimes, I really want to throw a brick at her face.

I really don't understand why she has to criticize people like that. Just then, I was brought out of my thought by a knock on my door. "Come in," I said as I looked up.

The door opened and Mason, my dad's secretary, came in. "Hey Mason. Good to see you," I said. "Hello Blair. Good to see you too. Your dad is asking for you," he said. "Okay then I'm coming right up," I said as I closed the documents and got up.

"Did Mr Niarchos come already by any chance," I asked as Mason walked beside me. "Yea I guessed that was the reason that you were being called," he said and I nodded.

A few seconds later, we reached the door. I knocked and opened when I heard my dad say come in. "Sean, I would like you to meet my daughter, Blair Rain Lennox. Blair this is Sean Niarchos," dad said as the man towering me turned towards me.

He seemed to be in his fifties just like my dad but damn he looked strong as hell. "It is a pleasure you Mr Niarchos," I said as I shook his hand. "The pleasure is all mine. I must say you are a very beautiful young lady," he said with a welcoming smile. "Thank you very much sir," I said as I took a seat. "So shall we look at the contract," dad said as we all got seated.

About an hour later, the meeting was over and I officially signed the contract that stated that I agree to be getting married to Cyen Ambrogio Niarchos. I just realised that I have never seen the guy but I know that he has quite a reputation among the ladies. That makes me thinks how did he even agree to get married.

"I am very excited to finally have a daughter in the house now. Also the contract should stay between just the three of us," Mr. Niarchos said as we got out of my dad's office. I simply nodded. "I want to thank you for buying the company for way more than we were asking for, Mr. Niarchos," I said as I gave him a genuine smile.

"Oh dear, no need for the formalities. You can call me Sean or even dad. You will be my daughter-in-law soon," he said as he walked beside me. "If you say so, dad," I said awkwardly. We then bid goodbye as we neared the elevator and I made my way to my office.

Now that we officially sold the company, I guess it is time for me to pack my things up and look for a new job. Dad is packing up his office as well and we will be having an office dinner later to announce the handover.

As I was packing up, I was disturbed by a knock on my door. "Come in," I said as I looked up. "Hi little bitchy," Vanessa said as she got in. "Hi Ness," I said as I went back to packing.

"Why are you packing," she said as she sat on my chair and put her feet on the table. "We sold the company so I am leaving," I said as I pushed her legs off. "What? What will happen now," she asked as she scrolled away on her phone.

"We will see. Also I'm getting married to the son of the Niarchos," I said as I finally sat down a little bit. "The Niarchos? You are getting married? Don't tell me that it's Cyen Niarchos," she said making me frown. "Yups, Cyen Niarchos," I said as I closed my laptop. "Why are you getting married to him? Did you turn into a gold digger," she said as she looked at me, curiosity filled in her eyes.

"What? No? It's a contract thing. It's complicated," I said as I shook my head. "Okay so Cyen Niarchos you say. Well Blair I have got to go. There is somewhere I have to be," she said as she sped out. What's with this girl? She normally stays until she convinces me to come to the club with her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. 

If you did make sure to vote and to comment your thoughts. 

Also suggestions are most welcome. 

-Love Mokshda