Chapter 3

What's your deepest regret?

Cyen's POV

A day ago

"Hi mama," I greeted my mom as I got in my childhood house. "Cyen. Why don't you come to visit me more often," mom said as she kissed both of my cheeks. "Mama work is killing me. Anyways where is dad? He asked me to come over," I asked her as we made our way to the living room.

"He is in his study. If you want to see him you can go now itself if you want, but you better stay for dinner tonight," mom said as she fixed my tie. "Okay mama, whatever your heart wishes," I said as I kissed her on the forehead.

I made my way upstairs to my dad's study. The door was open ajar so I just pushed it open and saw my dad sitting behind his desk with his reading glass on. "Hey dad, you wanted to see me," I said as I went in and sat on the sofa.

"First of all can you tell me what is this," he said as he pulled out a magazine and threw it on the table towards me

"First of all can you tell me what is this," he said as he pulled out a magazine and threw it on the table towards me. Oh he seems kind of mad. "I was trying to be sneaky dad, but they ended up finding us going in the hotel," I said as I remember the night when I got a girl and the paparazzi caught us making out as we made our way to the hotel.

"Well I need this to stop so, I have a proposition for you. Since I will be handing over the empire to you, you will have to prove to me that you deserve it. And you will have to marry the woman of my choice," dad said.

At that moment the only thing that I heard was marry the woman of his choice. "What do you mean dad? You can't force me to marry someone I don't know," I said as I was now fuming. "Oh son you don't have to, if you don't want the empire. I am sure that one of your brothers will be more than happy to take over," he said so calmly.

I slammed my fist loudly on the table to show my frustration but that left my dad indifferent. "It was a nice talk son. You can give me an answer later," he said as he continued working. "Dad how can you say this so calmly? You are telling me to get married. And you are acting as if it's not a big deal," I growled out angrily at this stupidity.

"All this time, you caused scandal after scandal and nearly tampered the Niarchos name. Today is the first time I am pointing out this and I am giving you an opportunity to mend this dent in your reputation. It is up to you. If you don't want it, just say no and leave. The empire will be handed over to Diem no problem," dad screamed out at me. Well he is definitely angry now.

Glaring at him, I shook my head. "Fine I'll do it, but I am sure there is a loophole in this condition somewhere and be sure that I will be finding it and using it to my full advantage dad," I yelled out before walking out of the room. "I need a drink," I whispered to myself as I walked downstairs.

"Oh no no Cyen. You promised that you have dinner with all of us tonight. You are staying," mom said as she pulled me to the living room again. "Mama do you know what dad wants me to do? He wants me to marry someone I don't even know," I exclaimed as she sat next to me.

"Oh sweety, your dad told me about that. I know that the way he is handling things is not correct but I know that whatever he is doing is for your own good. It will be okay Cyen," mom said as she massaged my shoulder.

I closed my eyes and breathed in sharply. "Okay mom. That doesn't mean that I am not furious anymore," I said as I crossed my arms across my chest. "Hey Mama," I heard both of my younger brothers' voice.

"Cyen dude you are here," Diem said as he saw me. "How are my baby brothers doing," I said as I gave them both a hug. Giovanni growled at me when I ruffled his hair. Diem is 23 years old and Gio is 19 years old while I am the eldest of the trio and I am 27 years old. "Dude not the hair. Come on," Gio said as he glared at me.

Two days later

"Sir there is a Miss Jenssen asking to see you," Madisson, my secretary said as she placed my midday coffee as I requested

"Sir there is a Miss Jenssen asking to see you," Madisson, my secretary said as she placed my midday coffee as I requested. "Okay send her in," I said as I dismissed her.

A few minutes later, I heard a knock on my door. "Come in," I said as I took a sip of my coffee. The door opened and a sexy woman wearing a very tight red dress came in. Her brown hair was loosely flowing as she made her way towards me. I could hear every step that she took as her heels slammed against the floor of my office.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you Mr Niarchos," she said as she extended her hand for me to shake. "Let me introduce myself, I am Vanessa Jenssen," she said as I shook her hand. "Is there anything I can help you with Miss Jenssen," I said as I was truly confused to why she was here.

"Oh please call me Vanessa. And actually I just wanted to come and give you a little piece of information. I got to know that my best friend has been arranged to get married to you and I am pretty sure that you are not really happy with this, am I right," she said.

I frowned as she talked. "Well she is the root of all this problem. You see Blair has been in love with you for a long time and she has begged her father to get you married to her. Hence now you are trapped in mess," she said.

I could feel my inside boiling in anger as I heard her words. "How dare she do that," I said as I gritted my teeth. "Well Blair is a really bratty girl and she is just spoiled rotten. Anyways I just came to let you know that she is the reason to all this problem. She mustn't know that I told you this," she said as she looked at her nails.

To say that I am angry is an understatement. I am absolutely furious at this moment. If this little brat think that she can waltzed into my life and force me to get married to her and it will all be bed of roses. She is gravely mistaken. I will make her life a living hell. She will regret ever her stubbornness. I will be the devil that she never thought she will ever see.

"But you said that she is your bestfriend and why would you expose her like that," I asked her as I glared at her suspiciously. "Oh well handsome, I cannot allow her to play the victim in this situation. She is a little bratty bitch and I just want you to know who she really is," she said as she seductively trace my jawline with her finger.

Oh dear future wife, I hope you know what you have got in store. She is going to regret ever thinking that she ever loved me.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys. Hope that you enjoyed this chapter.

Make sure to vote and comment your thoughts about this chapter.

Also make sure to check out my previous books that are already completed.

-Love Mokshda