Chapter 19

What's the one thing that you wish to accomplish before you die?

Blair's POV

Two weeks later

Pulling my bag strap back onto my shoulder, I walked on the pavement with a smile playing on my face

Pulling my bag strap back onto my shoulder, I walked on the pavement with a smile playing on my face. The past weeks was a complete blur as I spent time helping my dad organize the best launching party for the restaurant.

I was quickly brought out of my thoughts when I felt a tug on the leash of Zeus. Zeus was going all crazy as he saw people walking in all directions. His tongue was hanging out as he looked around excitedly.

"Come on, boy. We can't keep West waiting," I said as I bent down and picked him up. I watched as he wagged his tail ecstatically as he snuggled into my arms.

Walking into the coffee shop, I was instantly hit with the strong aroma of coffee lingering in the air. The endless conversations resonated around as I walked past the busy part of the coffee shop.

Looking around, I immediately spotted the blonde man sitting casually as he sipped on his coffee while he flipped through the pages of his book. I didn't waste any more time and walked towards him.

"Boo," I said abruptly as I sneaked up on him.

He jolted on his seat as he started breathing heavily.

"You nearly gave me a heart attack," he said as he observed me sitting down.

I chuckled as he contemplated me with a frown on his face.

"Oh come on, it wasn't that bad," I said as I took a seat.

"Yea of course. I wasn't even scared. So who is this little fella," he said as he stroked Zeus' head.

"This is Zeus, my son," I said as Zeus was nearly falling asleep in my lap.

"He is adorable," he said as he smiled at me.

I was about to say something when I felt a hand on my shoulder. As I turned around, I saw Nathan standing there with his hands crossed across his chest. The frown on his face was projecting the obvious frustration seeping through him.

"Blair, can I have a word with you," he said in a cold tone as he glared at me.

Sighing, I nodded. Nathan already started walking away from me without waiting for me.

"Can you just look after him for a few minutes. I'll be right back," I said to West as he picked Zeus up from my lap.

Quickly standing up, I sprinted towards Nathan who was standing at the other end of the coffee shop. Nathan was glaring at me more and more as I approached him.

"What's with the glaring," I said as I frowned.

"What are you doing here? With Fitzgerald," he said with anger evident in his voice.