Chapter 20

When was the last time you felt jealous and what was the reason?

Cyen's POV

Pulling away, I saw her standing there with shock written all over her face. I truly didn't know what took over me.

Just seeing her, smiling as she let the rain pour onto her face, somehow pulled me to her. The urge to just kiss her was getting more and more powerful as I just stared at the innocence playing on her face.

As soon as our lips met, I had no ounce of regret for my action. The feeling was indescribable to begin with and I didn't want it to stop.

"Are you even listening to me," Nathan said frustratingly as he frowned.

Being brought out of my thoughts, I glared at Nathan.

"Yes, what were you talking about," I asked as I sat back straight in my seat.

"Your wife, kind of, got mad at me and well I know I wasn't wrong but come on I can't really trust her that quickly," he uttered as he shook his head.

"What did you do to her? Anyways, you better talk it out because you are my best friend and she is my wife. You guys will be around each other a lot," I stated as I sipped on my coffee.

"Oh she doesn't make it any easier," Nathan whispered under his breath but I definitely heard him.

Blair's POV

After taking a shower and getting dressed, I walked downstairs to find the mouthwatering breakfast already prepared for me. It was all laid so nicely on the island.

Sitting down at the table, I started having my breakfast when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Hearing the soft little barks of Zeus, I felt a little warmth in my heart.

Just then, Nathan walked into the kitchen with Zeus in his arms. Remembering our last conversation, I just calmly continued eating my breakfast as I sensed him approaching me.

"Do you want breakfast," I asked, trying to be a nice host.

"Don't worry. I'll grab it myself," he said as he put Zeus down.

"Hi baby, did you miss mommy," I cooed as I looked at Zeus who was now walking around my legs and tickling me with his fur.

"You are so weird," Nathan said.

Looking up and glaring at him, he sat down acting as if he didn't just called me weird. I continued glaring at him but he didn't react at all. A few seconds later, he finally looked up to see me glaring at him. He simply frowned.

"What? Do you want my bacon," he asked innocently as he pointed to his plate.

I couldn't help but start laughing as I shook my head.

"Anyways, I needed to talk to you," he said as he took a bite of his bacon.

"What is it about," I asked as I looked at him questioningly.

"I guess I wasn't being nice to you the other day so, I was hoping that you could put this all behind and pretty much forget about it," he said.

"Is this supposed to be an apology," I said as I chuckled.

"It's better for us to get along anyways," he stated as I saw the side of his lip twitch in irritation.

"Aww well, I didn't hear the three magical words," I exaggerated as I gave him an innocent smile.

Man, it is so fun to mess with him. I mean it is so easy to push his button and it's worth seeing his annoyed face.

When he starts getting irritated, he lifts his right eyebrow and slightly close his left eye.