In the Heat of the Moment - Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

August 7, 2002

    As the team walked out of the Eiffel tower and were met by a crowd of civilians and reports. Cameras flashed as reporters yelled at the children in French and English, the team stood in a line with proud smiles on their faces knowing that Sir Hargreeves had told them to not answer questions, after a few minutes the team left heading for the car Sir Hargreeves was waiting for them in to take them back to America.

    "Father?" Luther asked as he sat next to the man on the plane home.

    "Yes, Number One." He responded not looking towards the boy.

    "Never send me to space, that was terrifying," Luther said looking at his father with much more than just boyish fear in his eyes. He got up and sat in the seat next to Allison leaving his father looking at him with a confused look on his face. Sir Hargreeves pushed past the feeling as leaned back in his chair watching as the ground grew farther and farther away. Charlotte and Klaus sat next to one another across from Vanya and Ben.

    "Klaus?" Charlotte called for his attention, he turned to the girl with a smile.

    "Yeah Charlotte?" Klaus asked looking her over making sure she wasn't hurt.    

    "Can I lean on you? I'm tired." She asked innocently Klaus chuckled and nodded his head. Charlotte gave him a small smile before resting her head on his shoulder, he slouched in his chair so her new headrest wouldn't be so incredibly high, resting his head on hers the two fell asleep as the flew over the ocean.

March 26, 2019

    "So then let's come up with a plan. When Vanya gets here we'll tell her what's going on and we'll leave tomorrow." Charlotte said determinedly. Luther nodded.

    "Where does he have her?" Diego asked getting on board with the plan of coming up with a plan.

    "Switzerland," Luther said confidently

    "That a pretty big area Space Boy, you wanna narrow that down a bit?" Diego said sarcastically.

    "North right on the border of Switzerland and Austria, on a small island in the middle of a lake called Kaltenberg." Luther snapped at his brother.

    "Alright, how about everyone calms down," Charlotte said stepping between the two, her dainty hands up against the two brother's chests. Both grumbled and walked away to take a seat. "We take a plane to Switzerland and then we find a blind spot on the island, we'll enter through there. Do you know anything about his base?" Charlotte said looking towards Luther who shook his head. "Then we'll just make it up as we go." She said with a sigh.

"Like always I suppose." A voice called from the door. Charlotte smiled as she walked over to the man.

"Five!" She cheered happily hugging the tall man. Five had grown to be almost as tall as Luther and he definitely towered over Charlotte.

"Hey Charlotte," He said chuckling as he hugged his sister.

"I thought you said you couldn't come until tomorrow?" Diego questioned looking towards his brother.

"I was able to shift some things around." Five said nonchalantly with a shrug. "I heard the plan, no worries on filling me in." He said as we walked towards the bar. Charlotte walked back to the couch and took her seat next to Ben once again.

"Someday we're going to have to come together for something, not life-threatening." Five said with a laugh as he poured himself a drink. The group chuckled and nodded in agreement.

"Where's Dad?" Klaus asked finally speaking up.

"He had some business he had to attend to," Luther said getting to the point, no one dared questioned what the business was.

"Grace has already said she'll make us all lunch in a few hours," Diego said as he got up walking out of the living room.

"Where are you going?" Luther called after him.

"I'm gonna go train, some of us like to keep our skills sharp." He said with a smug smirk as if he knew something the group didn't. Luther rolled his eyes at his brother and didn't say anything else. Slowly people started to leave the room, Luther was next and then Five. Soon only the three sat on the couch.

"Well, I'm gonna go to my room," Charlotte said getting up from her seat awkwardly before walking down the grand halls that she had grown used to.

"Ben," Klaus said with pain in his voice looking helpless towards his brother.

"Klaus you've got to be strong. She's finally moving on you can't pull her back in." Ben said sternly.

"She's moving on?" Klaus asked hurt flashing over his face.

"Klaus we knew this would happen," Ben replied in a hushed tone. Klaus nodded looking down at his lap.

"Is he a good guy?" He asked after a long moment.

"If Charlotte is willing to go out to eat with him he has to be," Ben said lightening the mood for a moment.

"Being near her is so hard." He said his voice shaking.

"Klaus this is the only way to keep her alive," Ben whispered to his brother as he patting his back. Klaus nodded before getting up leaving his brother alone in the living room. Ben left to go find Charlotte to ask about her date but to also make sure that Klaus wasn't where ever she was. Finally finding her laying in her bed as she played a record, the scene took Ben back.

"It's like a time capsule." Ben joked pulling Charlotte out of her train of thought. She sat up patting a spot next to her.

"It's oddly comforting." She said chuckling. Looking over her room it was filled with posters and paintings, along with a plentiful of pictures most of them of her, Klaus, and Ben.

"So how was Jessie from marketing?" Ben asked once again pulling Charlotte out of her train of thought and causing her to smile.

"He was really nice, he's taking me out again tonight. Or he was, with everything going on I think I should cancel." Charlotte said grabbing for her phone.

"Charlotte you most certainly will not," Ben said sternly causing the girl to stop in defeat knowing if Ben wanted to stop her he could. "This is the first time you've been happy in a while, don't let this family craziness stop that," Ben said kindly, Charlotte nodded still pulling out her phone.

"I'm just texting him to pick me up here rather than my apartment." She said defending her actions as she smiled texting the blonde. Ben nodded. "Hopefully he can pick me up without the whole house knowing about it," See said raising a brow over to Ben knowing that he was planning on a family welcome for Jessie tonight.

"I mean you're going to have to tell them where you're going," Ben said with a laugh. Charlotte laughed in defeat rolling her eyes knowing that Jessie was up for a real treat tonight.

---

It was four-thirty when the doorbell rang. Charlotte tried to walk to the door without anyone noticing but soon Diego and Luther walked out from the living room. She had told the boys at lunch that Jessie would be picking her up tonight and the kitchen erupted with questions from the overprotective two.

"Is he nice?"

"Does he respect you?"

"Can we meet him?"

"Oh, we're meeting him."

"How much money does he make?" FIve asked that one.

Now was the moment she was dreading giving up knowing she couldn't stop the two she stood in the entryway with her arms crossed. Ben and Five came downstairs laughing with one another.

"This is gonna be good." Five mumbled a bit too loud. As Diego and Luther opened the door.

"Jessie?" Diego's voice asked sharply.