Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield

"Yes, it's nice to meet you both." He said kindly sticking out his hand for a shake, both Diego and Luther glanced down at the man's hand and then back up at him.

"Come in," Luther said opening the door wider as Diego lead the way through the entryway and into the living room. As Jessie passed Charlotte she mouthed that she was sorry to which he shook his head. Charlotte entered after Charlotte rolling her eyes at the sight. Diego had sat Jessie down on a couch all by himself. Diego and Luther now sat on the opposite couch staring at the man while Ben and Five sat in the chairs at either end of the fireplace. Klaus entered the room rolling his eyes at the sight as well, but for a completely separate reason. He walked to the bar and got a club soda. Charlotte sat down at a chair that was close to Jessie's couch knowing she wouldn't be allowed to sit with him, Klaus sat in the chair next to her sizing up the newcomer.

"So what are your intentions with Charlotte?" Diego asked dangerously.

"Oh my gosh," Charlotte mumbled shaking her head.

"I'm planning on taking her out for dinner," Jessie reply innocently.

"And when will she be home?" Luther asked now.

"Roughly seven-thirty." He replied thoughtfully.

"Roughly?" Diego challenged.

"At seven-thirty." Jessie corrected himself.

"How much money do you make?" Five chimed in.

"Five!" Charlotte called out before Jessie even had time to realize what he said. "Alright that's enough of this," She said getting up and grabbing Jessie by the arm. "I'm going out. I'll be back whenever I please and I hope a giant chunk of the moon falls on this place while I'm gone." She said as she stormed out of the living room dragging Jessie along with her. The pair made it to the safety of the street and Charlotte finally let go of his arm as they walked alongside one another.

"Your friends?" He asked with a chuckle.

"Basically brothers." She responded as she shook her head. "They do it with all the boys who come over."

"All the boys?" Jessie asked raising a brow.

"Oh no not like I bring all the boys over, Allison and Vanya, they bring boys. Oh gosh never mind." She said in a huff causing Jessie to laugh as he threw his arm over her shoulder.

"You're fine stop stressing." He said with a smooth laugh, Charlotte chuckled and nodded. Their dinner was nice but thought of Klaus wouldn't leave Charlotte alone. She brushed it off thinking it was only because she had just seen him. Jessie walked her back home and as he left her at her door he leaned in to kiss her. She dodged it and hugged him.

"Thanks for tonight." She said before turning and walking inside. Closing the door she leaned against it a let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding in.

"Seven-thirty, good," Diego said walking out of the living room nodding his head. Charlotte rolled her eyes and walked through the house to her bedroom. Getting changed into an old pair of joggers and a giant sweatshirt she decided that she wasn't very tired and decided to make her way to the attic. Sitting in the window she looked out of the window a soft smiling forming on her lips as she looked at the city lights.

"Some things never change." A timid voice said from behind her. She turned seeing Klaus leaning against the exposed framework of the house. She nodded.

"And some things change a considerable amount." She said before looking back at the city. She wasn't sure why but his presence was getting under her skin, a mix of wanting to slap him, yell at him, and jump into his arms flooded her mind.