Seris x Demon Reader

REQUESTED BY @v1adimir1estrad

A/N: I enjoyed writing this! Sorry if the stuff about demons was incorrect - I mainly just made my own version of a demon.

I looked down curiously from the shadows as a cloaked figure suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

"...Is anyone there?"

A thin voice called out, and I realized it was coming from the figure. I jumped down from the ledge I was hanging on, and stared at the being. I flexed my wings uneasily when I realized what it was.

It appeared to be a... female human?

How the heck is she still alive here? Usually humans drop dead from the sheer fear of being down here...

"Ah. Hello there..."

The human said to me, eyes covered by her purple cloak. I wondered how she got around like that, without her sense of sight.

"Hey. What're you doing here, human?"

"I'm sorry, but I'm not a human. I am Seris, the Oracle of the Abyss."

She stated, cocking her head to the side slightly. "Sorry if that disappoints you."

I tried to hide my surprise as I said,

"Oh, I'm sorry! You just look like a human so I just..."

Seris nodded in acknowledgment, and I smiled slightly.

"So why're you here... if you don't mind me asking...?"

I said, and Seris quietly,

"I was looking for my sister, Furia, but I must've wandered somewhere I wasn't meant to..."

She looked around, and I knew that she was noting the steaming and dark environment. There was a lot of lava here too. Yes, it was annoying when ash coated my bed, but I liked it down here, since my whole family was here. They could be brutal, but they were still family.

"Huh, Furia... I feel like I've heard that name somewhere before..."

I thought out loud, and suddenly a deep voice behind me snarled,

"Yeah. Because Furia's an angel. Our main enemy."

I turned around quickly, startled, and realized it was my father. His wings were flexing angrily, eyes smoldering as he stared at Seris. He looked menacing with his sharp horns and teeth. Seris was calm as she said,

"I'm sorry, I should be leaving-"

"You're not going anywhere."

A new voice said, and I groaned when I realized it was my brother. He landed behind Seris with a thud, and he growled, his tail flicking from side to side.

"Guys, we should be more civil, Seris didn't mean to do any harm!"

I protested, and a new voice, higher than the others said,

"Y/N, you've always been too soft-hearted. If I heard that this thing was related to an angel, I would've torn its head off right now and then!"

I knew this was my sister speaking. She had always been ruthless, and I had to admit that she was right: I never liked torturing the humans that came here. I hated the screams they let out. However, my whole family enjoyed it.

"Seris is not a thing! She's the Oracle of the Abyss! Just let her leave, please-"

"Shut up, Y/N."

My brother sneered at me, and my sister nodded in agreement. Through all this, Seris has remained calm. She then spoke,

"I understand that you all hate my sister, but please let me leave. Your grudge is with her, not me. I must get to her-"

"You're not going anywhere."

My father, sister, and brother said in unison, as they closed in on Seris. I couldn't watch this go on any longer.

"STOP!"

I shouted, as I surged forward, using my wings to shield Seris. My family stumbled backwards, my father letting out a roar of frustration and anger.

"Y/N! Stop this nonsense! We need to punish this... thing for trespassing on our territory! This thing is also related to an angel."

He spat, and I refused to listen.

"Don't harm her...! She's done nothing wrong, she's just lost."

I looked over my shoulder at them, and snarled,

"If you touch a claw on her, I'll... I'll fight you!"

My brother looked eager as he stepped forward, claws gleaming in the dim light, but my father stopped him with his tail.

"Stop, my son. As much as we hate angels, we don't harm our own family."

I could tell my brother was disappointed as he unwillingly stepped back. The expression on my father's face was unreadable as he said,

"Y/N. I'm disappointed in you."

I tried to ignore the ache in my heart. I didn't like letting down my family, but Seris was more important. I looked down at her, and she was snuggled up against my chest, her breath heavy.

The heat of the underworld was getting to her. She had to leave, or she'd faint.

"Go."

I whispered to her, stroking her head with my tail comfortingly, and she nodded, whispering to me,

"I'll see you again sometime...?"

I gulped, and said quietly,

"Yeah."

But I knew I'd never be able to go away from this place. As a demon, I was locked here forever. She nodded and said,

"Thanks... I'll see you, Y/N."

Seris threw her cloak over herself, and she disappeared, leaving my body cold, despite the heat of the underworld.

I had never felt so alone at that moment.