Zhin x female!reader

REQUESTED BY @avocaos

"Yo, Zhin. Your girlfriend's calling for you..."

Koga said as he leaped into the room Zhin was polishing his sword in. He had a look of boredom on his face as he watched his mentor rub the gleaming sword with special oil.

Zhin glanced over his shoulder, and muttered,

"Tell her I'm busy."

Koga let out a sound of disbelief at what Zhin had said, and protested,

"That's such a rude thing to do, Zhin. Listen, I respect you and all, but that's not how you treat a girlfriend. I'd never treat my girl Skye like that..."

"You two always end up making out in the weapons closet, so I don't think you are better than me."

"Come on, that was only once!"

"I'm pretty sure you two do it all the time. I just haven't caught you doing that."

Zhin retorted as he looked at his own reflection in the sword blade, too distracted to catch Koga rolling his eyes at his response. He polished the blade daily, even when he didn't use it.

"Whatever. Just go greet Y/N. C'mon, it's not that hard."

Zhin set down his sword gently on the small glass table in front of him, and got up slowly. He brushed off his robes, and turned around to glare at Koga.

"Don't ever tell me what to do after this, okay?"

Koga put up his hands, and said,

"Sheesh, don't get defensive."

Zhin ignored his student, and strode on out to the courtyard. He was silently fuming, but when he spotted Y/N waiting for him on a bench, all his anger disappeared. Pink petals were falling from the trees, and as they fell around Y/N, Zhin felt his breath catch in his throat.

She was beautiful. And it made him happy to know that she was all his.

He quickly walked over to her, and sat down next to her on the bench. Zhin noticed that she had a flower crown in her hair, the crown woven together by brown twigs.

"Hello, my love..."

She whispered to Zhin, who murmured a soft reply. Y/N reached out to touch his hand, and he grasped her warm hand in his. Zhin then leaned into her warmth, her sweet scent surrounding him.

He felt at peace next to her, all the pressure of his duties lifting from his shoulders.

She was the love of his life, and Zhin hoped that she felt the same about him too.