One - Shakshi

Shakshi Pov

I opened the door and entered into my apartment after my jogging. I saw Arica sitting on the couch and binging on her favourite chips watching korean series in her laptop.

Arica George. My roomie and collegue. My fluffy panda. She is such a sassy girl. Enjoying her life to the fullest. And... A huge lover of food which makes her to turn into a good cook. She tame bad boys and had many boyfriends, famous girl in my college for her long hair and attractive features. Her Naughtyness and commenting people are of no limits.

Ari waves at me and pointed her finger towards bedroom when I asked about Diyah who was sleeping.

Diyah,me and Ari Shares the same apartment.  It is in fifth floor.
The apartment has a stunning balcony veiw of sunrise.

I moved the curtains from the window in our bedroom. Diyah pulled her blanket over her face and let out a sigh. I woke her up and remainded about her presentation which she had been working for whole week need to be submitted tomorrow.

Diyah is working in an advertising agency. Earning good from her job and a modest woman while me and ari were still trying to pass in our final year of medicine. God! The syllabus is vast!

After my shower, my legs find its way to kitchen due to the wonderful aroma spreading the entire appartment. There, I found Ari cooking delicious Pasta and baking some cupcakes as our sunday special.

I sat on the kitchen table and began to chop some veggies for salad. Ari asked whether I completed  my record work which she needs to copy it from me.

I said it was in my cupboard and asked about the new associate professor who had joined our college two days before. There were people talking about him all time that he is so handsome, rude, young and smart. I didn't see him as I was posted in Surgery department and busy in my classes. Ari is attending medicine classes. Ari was already frustrated by the record and homeworks given by him. She worked on it whole night even without sleeping. Oh... He is so strict! She even keeps him a nickname - Mr.douchebag! She complained that he was bossy.

She gritted her teeth when I asked about him. She showed me her right hand which was swollen due to all those writtings from last two days.
She cursed him and said he was so arrogant and determined.She continued that he want all of the students to work hard and warned the students with low grades. She added that she is having viva with Mr.douchebag tomorrow.

We were intrepted by Diyah who looks more elegant in her red kurthi and blue jeans holding files and her laptop bag. She grabbed an apple from fruit basket and waved us a bye while hurrying through the door.

I felt sorry for Diyah as she even need to work on sunday. These ad agency never gave her a regular holiday. But she loves her job and never complained about that. She is such an uprising woman chasing her dreams.

Then I asked Ari about the rumours that Mr.douchebag being handsome. She sat down beside me holding two plates of pasta. After stuffing her mouthful with pasta, She continued that on his first day of work he wore a perfect blue suit with white tie, his hair was gelled , he was tall and had broad shoulders and his sparkling eyes added more values to his features.His voice was deep and dominating. After sipping her water she said he looks good but his hard character is dusting over his looks.

After completing the dishes, I dried my clothes in balcony from the washing machine. I came back to see my phone was ringing. Its my mom

"Hi mom."

"Hi there my sweet girl. What is the plan for sunday? Have you cleaned your room and washed your clothes?"
she asked.

"Yeah mom. I did. No plans till now.How is my big bro doing?"

"He is doing good. He is busy with his office works.We will be coming by next week to see you dear. How is your college going?" she asked.

"Not bad mom. Just usual works to do."

"Okay dear. Take care and eat well. Don't just keep on studying and go somewhere out in the evening. Love you dear. Bye."

"Yeah mom. Bye"

I saw Ari's head dipped into her books. This man is really something. I never saw Ari this studious.

I surfed through some TV channels and keep on switching the channels as everything was boring. So I decided to paint. I love painting.

Hours passed. I completed so called portrait and checked on Ari who was still reading. I don't have test tommorrow and I completed my works already. So I have nothing more to do and I 'm bored again.

It was 5 in the evening. I decided to go to the coffee shop near my apartment and I also need to buy some goceries.

I wore a silky pink top with frils on neck line and sleeves and blue jeans. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and put some lipstick. I love lipsticks, it suits me well and gives me confidence. I headed to the door after taking my purse and phone.

I asked Ari if she needs anything to be bought. She just nodded her head no and continue reading. I miss my Ari already. We always go out together on sundays. She makes me happy by doing all the crazy things.Now she was too busy because of this Mr. Douchebag. Hmm! I hate this man already.

I stepped out and wait near my elevator. The elevator coming from the above floor paused at my floor and the doors are opened. Inside the elevator Krish was standing and smiling at me.

I stepped in and turned my back to him. I don't want him to talk  to me. I don't know, I just don't like him. Actually I just want to maintain distance from boys.

Krish was living in same building but somewhere in top floors. He was working but I didn't know what his job was. Why should I know about this stranger? He smiles at me and approached to talk with me whenever he saw me.

The elevator door bings open in the groundfloor.I stormed out but halted when he called my name. How does he know my name. Stalker.

I turned. No expression in my face. He grinned at me and said "You going out? You look beautiful in that dress. I can drop you anywhere in my car."

Anger flased in my face. How dare he talk to me like that. I bursted "Its none of your buisness and stop doing such things. I won't fall for this." I turned my heels and walked past the gate. I know he was watching me from behind. Pervet.

I am not against men or some feminist kinda thing. I just don't want to have a bad partner. I believe in one love whole life thing. So I'm just waiting for a gentle man who love and cares me. I don't want to end as a heartbroke for some random jerk. I'm sensitive.

Thinking about the bad start this evening I ordered my favourite cappocino in take away counter. I grabbed my coffee cup and paid the bill. I was about to pass out through the shop door, where I was knocked by  someone in my opposite direction.

I spilled my coffee in his white T-shirt. And was about to fall where a strong muscular arm hold my waist and pulled me closer to him !

****

Hi guys! This is my first chapter of my first book. Hope you like this chapter.
Might not be so intresting as this is just introduction about our story girl.

Who is this guy with strong arm ? Will there be love sparkles between them??? What do you think???

Comment me down all your thoughts. I'm waiting to reply!

Do you ever spill your food on stranger? How did you overcome that?

I'm longing to write about our story boy!!!

Update will be soon.