Twenty two - Her Heart breaker!

Sorry for such a late update😥😞....

Shakshi's Pov

Ari was sleeping again due to the action of sedative which was given by Dr. Sharath. I sat near her holding her cold hand. Tears trickling now and then. My emotions are overflowing just like the niagra falls! Everytime I broke, I faked a confidence to be courageous and look forward to brace Ari! But it ended all in vain. Crying again!

"Shakshi! Enough! I knew this is hard. But crying doesn't fix anything and just make you sick. " I care a little about Pratvik's words.

I would be a mess if he was not with me. Many storms passed in my life which I overcame all myself. But now its a different story. After he stepped into my life, I began to long for his love and affection just like a puppy. And I'm not complaining about it.

Pratvik somehow wormed into the shutted doors of my life and engraved love in my heart. He made me believe in trust and hope. But I proceed with caution as I can't take another heart break.

"Shakshi!" he raised his voice a little bit which I didn't mind either.

I felt him stood from the cot and walked towards me. He was standing at my side and his hand encircled my shoulder and pulled me towards him. I leaned into his embrace, sobbing. He gently rubbed my arm comforting me.

"Its around 9. I want you to eat then take some rest. You look weak sweetie!"

"I don't want anyth..."

"Don't refuse! You will face the consequences. Just listen my words Shakshi. I hate threatening you everytime when all I wanted to do is to love!!"

I sighed. He reached for my face and wiped the tears. He bent down and placed a kiss on top of my head while caressing my cheek. I like him!

"I can't see you like this, baby! You don't know how much it hurts me looking you like this. I would fix this if  I was able to. But please get over with it."

"Did you ever experienced the pain when you lost someone who was the world to you?" I don't know why I asked him such a question. I should not be mad at him. I know he is just trying his best to calm me down.

His eyes widened. He just shook his head in a 'No'.

"I- I'm sorry, Shakshi...I know its not easy to get over on some loss like that. But..." he paused searching for my expression as if the words are going to kill me. I like him even more!

"I just want you to be fine." he finished.

"I will be when.... You are with me." I didn't regret completing the sentence and leaned even more on him.

I could sense his disbelief hearing those words came from my mouth. I usually don't announce his need in my life just like that.

"Lets have a small dinner. Please!" he pleaded.

I wiped my nose with the back of my hand and stood near him without refusing him this time.

I followed him out the room not before giving a last glance on Ari at the door.

"She will be fine. Nurses will do their work. Don't worry." he ensured me.

We were sitting close in the hospital cafteria as I denied him taking me out. I just want to be somewhere close to Ari. And I have no idea leaving her alone.

The cool breeze made me shiver due to my weak state. Then I noticed I was in his shirt and pants since this morning. Anyone looking at me could easily knew this fact. As the cafeteria's dinning area is in the open place, the night chills are getting worsen. I wrapped my arms around myself frictioning the palm on my side to warm me.