Thirty Three - Mehandi

Shakshi's Pov

Once the haldi and the ceremony got overed, I quickly came to my room after a small dinner with everyone. Reni's mom was showering me too much affection and care. She kept on insisting me to eat a lot in the dinner. She was also interested in asking about my hobbies, studies, friends and especially cooking! On the other hand, Reni's father was throwing daggers at me. I don't know why he hate me a lot! My mom was also behaving weird by praising and boasting my skills to them!

I was very much exhausted. But I jumped to my grab my phone from the table when I hear his caller tune. Pratvik!

"Partvikkkk!" I yelled.

"Hey sweetpie! Sorry dear I just went to the hospital after I landed here. Night shift! I was attending lot of cases today. I just noticed your missed calls." he said sincerely.

"I missss youuu!" I pouted and he chuckled.

"How was the haldi?"

"Everything was fun! But my legs are in pain now with all those dancings. I'm tired!"

"Then go to sleep, sweetpie!"

"I miss you so much!"

"I know and I don't know how I'm going to get sleep without cuddling with you!"

"Pratvikkk..."

"Hmm... I got to go now. Good night baby! I love you!" he said with a kiss.

Even that was making me to blush.

There was a knock on my door disturbing my thoughts. I silenced my phone and went to the door.

"Mom? Can't you let me sleep? I'm tired!" I shook my head.

She just came in and sat on my bed. She gestered me to sit.

"What mom?" she is annoying me a lot!

"Shakshi! This is Reni's brother." she showed me a guy from her mobile.

I looked her quizzically.

"He is a nice person. He had also completed his master in MBBS. He has been working as a doctor, earning a lakh per month. He had also settled well. He will also come for the wedding within two days..." she was describing him.

"Mom! Why are you giving me someguy's biodata in the middle of the night?" I yawned.

"Actually, Reni's parents offered this proposal for you. He also liked you, Shakshi! And I accepted it too!"

"WHAT?" I shouted.

"Why are you shouting?"

"M-mom! I-I don't w-want this marriage! How can you do something without asking me? I-I can't marry him!" now I understand why my mom behaved like that and also Reni's mom 's fondness towards me!

"Look Shakshi! I know what is good for your future. If you reject him, will your brother be happy? Think of their wedding!" she tied me with her sentiments.

"M-Mom but... I need to study! Did Vijay accepted this?"

"Yes! He is very much happy about this. We all like your groom a lot! Do you think we can find such a good one for you. Your father didn't care about this and left! Its all my responsibility now! I'm already tired of your fees. You don't have a choice. You are marrying him. Stop arguing, Shakshi! Get yourself prepared. Its good for everyone." she said firmly and walked to the door.

"And behave well to his parents!" she added before she left.

Everything was stoned around me. I was just staring without even blinking. I don't know why mom is forcing me in this. I love Pratvik. I can't even imagine some other guy. I can't say no to mom. She is being stubborn. And I don't want to hurt her too. She sacrifised a lot for me! But at the same time I can't marry this guy too!