Fourteen - Nice start!

My dear readers... Sorry for the late update! From here, the story is taking turn into sweet romance!!! Hope you enjoy.

Pratvik's Pov

Actually I can't able to sleep last night. This girl is really something. I felt butterflies flying in my stomach. I made fun of Reni when she said all this. But now I'm paying my due!

I called Arica george. Arica is really helping me in this. Thanks to her. I should work smart to earn Shakshi's trust. And its not that easy!

"Arica. Its me!"

"Go-  Good morning sir?"

"Is Shakshi awake? I know its just 6 but I need your help."

"Oh.. she is... she is still sleeping in her room,what help? Sir?"

"Did Shakshi said anything about me?"

"Yes sir. She did." she giggled.

"Arica? What?" I became impatient.

"She said you are caring her very much. How much you were possessive when she was with Varun. But she is not sure whether to give you a chance or not, sir!"

"I don't know why she is still in dilemma! Is that all? Didn't she say you about my birthday today?"

"No? Oh! Happy..."

"Ssshhhh.... Don't! Arica stop! I want her wish to be the first!"

"Oh sorry sir! But she didn't said about that,sir!"

"Hmm. See you in class with Shakshi." I ended the call. I was filled with disappointment. Okay! This is too much to expect the very next day. But its my birthday!

I silenced my phone. I know Reni will be trying to call me. But this time my heart longed for her wish. Its not about just the wish, but my importance in her life!

I showered and dressed myself in some formal suit. I skipped my breakfast. I hate things around me. I lost interest today in everything. I drove to the college with emptiness. Atleast seeing her would make my day.

It was my lecture class in the morning so I went straight to the class. To see her. I was really mad at her a little bit. I informed her right? I did many things for her beyond my ego, can't she just wish? So adamant!

I entered the class and found her misding near Arica george! I gritted my teeth. So she planned to avoid me particularly on this day?

After the class, I signaled Arica to come out.

"Sir. She said she have some work today."

"She is really teasing my patience." I left to my cabin. I never expect this day to be like this. I went for the elevator. Varun was there, waiting too! I am not in a mood to handle him now.

So I took stairs. I climbed two steps once. I was so depressed. I opened my cabin and closed the door behind me with a bang.

"Ieekkk" someone yelped!

Shakshi was sitting there. She looks so beautiful. She caught me checking at her and looked away. Blushing. Am I dreaming?

"Hey?" I was in shock. I don't know what to say.

"Happy Birthday!"

This is what I need. Hurrah!

"Uh..hmm... Thank you!"

"You were absent for your class?" stop being stupid. Is it so important now?

"The leave application will be submitted tomorrow, sir!"  she said and stromed up from her seat. I could sense irritation from her voice.