Twenty - The accident

Pratvik's Pov

I didn't imagine such a thing would happen to them. I felt sorry for Arica George. They were quite a pair. I don't know how she is going to get over it. On the other hand, My Shakshi, I couldn't take her crying. My life is just like, when a rainbow appears in my sky, there hits the lightening, kinda thing!

I took Shakshi with me to the hospital.  She was crying all the way. How can I console this girl for his friend's death? I just said everything is gonna be okay, that I'm there for her, that she needs to take care of Arica... all those words never seems to go into her ear!

When I pulled over the campus finally, Shakshi ran into the hospital not bothering to wait for me. I understand. After I parked my car and head to the ICU, I saw her in Varun's arms sobbing. They didn't see me coming. Varun was whispering some soothing words trying to calm her down and kissing her hair. Seriously? Can't you just be in a friend zone man!

I sighed and walked to them. Varun tightens his grip on her, seeing me. I don't have time for this.

"Shakshi?"

Hearing me, she turned and unclasped from his hold, reaching for me. Sorry baby. Not now. I crossed my arms and asked,

"How is Arica?"

She just sobbed, unable to speak. Her whole body is quivering. I hate that she cried on Varun's arms, but she had no choice and I shouldn't act like a possessive kid. I held her waist and made her sit in the chair.I squatted on the floor infront of her. I wiped her tears and tucked a hair behind her ear. She has no energy right now. She just lifted her finger and pointed to the Operation theatre.

"They asked us to wait. They are not letting us in." Varun said standing behind.

"They would let me. I will check on her. Please don't cry Shakshi. You might end up in fever." saying this to her, I stood and kissed her forehead, reassuring her. I gave Varun a hard glance and went in the OT.

I wore the OT dress and enter into the theatre. Some of my collegues were conducting an surgery on her. It looks like the operation was done and a doctor was sutturing the skin of her arm. There were bandages on her head and leg too.

Once the doctor finished his work. I went and asked for her status. He is the chief of Surgery department. He was conducting the surgery for Sharath's absence.

"How is she doing, sir?"

"Oh... Dr. Pratvik! Yeah, she is fine. There was a fracture in her leg and minor injury on her head. A laceration on her arm was just taken care of."

"Stephan?..." I hesitated.

"He.. He didn't seems to have luck like her. Some people brought them this morning from hill. He was already dead. I don't know how it happened. They said a truck hit their car in a slope. What surprise me is that how she got away with such minor injury when he lost his life?"

"Where is he now, sir?"

"His parents came for him. They were in a great shock. The procedures were completed and they took the body with them."

I felt my eyes brimming tears at the word 'body'! This is life right? There is no perfect schedule or plan to live a life. We will never know what god has planned next. It reminds me that we need to cherish each and every moment with love!

"Thank you, sir! Thats all I want to know."

"Then, I will go off my duty. Inform Dr. Sharath."

I just nodded at him and went to look on Arica's report. After that I exit from there. Shakshi came running towards me. What am I gonna say to her? I informed such sad things to some of my patient's relatives, but not to someone I loved so much. Her face was all pale, tears rolling down her cheeks.