Brother

I jump onto the oncoming train my grey clothes standing out in the sea of black. The choosing ceremony has just finished and I have transferred from Abnegation to Dauntless. My father looked furious but I didn't care ever since I was six I knew I wanted to transfer to Dauntless. I am really excited as I will finally get to see my brother again. A loud booming voice echoes down the train telling us to jump onto the up-coming ledge.

I back up into the train wall then run and jump. I land on the roof and fall onto my knees gravel digging into my skin. I walk over to the other side of the roof where everyone is gathering. A tall man is standing on the ledge "I'm Max, to enter Dauntless you must jump. Who wants to go first? Initiates." 

Looking around everyone is avoiding eye contact. I raise my hand and walk towards Max. He raises an eyebrow "Alright Stiff." I scowl at the nickname and step up on to the ledge. I take a deep breath then jump. A net closes around my body and a bunch of hands reach out towards me. I grab the closest one and I am dragged on to a hard floor.

A tall figure greets me with a look of confusion "Y/N?" I smile "Hello T-" he cuts me off "Four." I smile at him "Four?" he leans down "I'll explain at dinner, first jumper Y/N." A loud scream follows and another body hits the net. I go stand in the corner with the growing group of initiates. 

After changing into black clothes and burning our original clothes we head to dinner. I spot my brother and sit next to him with a bunch of other initiates. After an announcement from Max and gorges man called Eric welcoming us to Dauntless, we all start eating.

"Why are you called Four?" I ask nudging my brother "I only have four fears and I didn't want anyone knowing who I really was." I nod and grab a flat piece of meat "What the hell is this?" The girl opposite me laughs "A hamburger." I nod "Right."

"I'm B/F/N." I smile at her "Y/N." after dinner we walk together to were we are going to be staying. "Who was the hunky guy next to you?" I smile "My brother." she smirks "Hope you  don't mind me saying but he is hot aff." I shrug "I don't mind, what do think training will be like?" We spend about an hour talking about our old factions and what we think training will be like. The only subject I avoid is family as I have no intention of speaking about my father Marcus.