four

(sorry the chapters are kind of sad rn guys but this story it's a drama so it will be heartbreaking sometimes,  especially now - love yall) 

[a year and two months before the epilogue]

Now that she had a little bump she was starting to understand and see herself as a mother, it became more real at the moment it became visually physical.

In the past months, lots of things had changed involving her life: first, she had to diminish her time dancing because it was starting to become hard, but she was still teaching two times a week at least 'cause she would go crazy if she wouldn't;

second, her mother was on top of her 24/7 making sure she was leaving a healthy pregnancy, it was good to have her around but most of the times it just stressed Kaycee out;

third, it was really lovely how her best friends had created a bond with the baby already, Tahani knitted a beanie for the baby, Bailey had become an expert in babies from all the books she was reading, and Chloe wouldn't go a day by without calling Kaycee to know if everything was okay, even the boys became Kaycee's own protection squad — but Sean was more distant then ever, he would text her every day to know if she and the baby were okay but they would never go out just the two of them anymore, only if their friends were all together which was a hard thing to happen nowadays.

She was three months pregnant, so the baby was about the size of a plum each was huge if she stopped to think it was the size of a pomegranate seed by the first time Kaycee was able to see her — and yes, she still believed to be a girl.

Gabe wanted a boy so he was betting on that, Kaycee didn't really have a preference but she could feel it was a girl — call it mother instinct.

Speaking about Gabe, her relationship with him was better, they were still not the most lovingly couple when it comes to being affectionate with each other, but they were way more in the same vibe when it was about the baby stuff — Kaycee would use sickness and tiredness due to the pregnancy as an excuse to keep herself romantically away from him, and being honest, he didn't seem to mind that much.

Now it was finally their wedding day — the weeding that he organized all by himself because Kaycee was always 'too tired' to talk about, the only thing she really put her input into choosing the color theme.

Not even in her dress, she had a saying 'because she was going to use the same dress his mother used when his parents got married, it was a tradition in the family — she didn't mind though because she wasn't excited about the wedding, and the dress was actually pretty.

The wedding was going to be pretty simple also, just a formality actually. It was happening in the backyard of his family house and it was only for their families and their closest friends.

"Oh, look at the little bump in the dress." Said her mother as Kaycee walked to her and her bridesmaids, ready to walk the while. "It's adorable."

"It's growing so fast." Said her sister, placing her hand in Kaycee's belly.

"Soon you will look like a watermelon." Said Bailey, before being hit in the arm by Tahani. "What?... a beautiful watermelon."

They all laughed, which made her less tense. Tahani, Bailey, Chloe, and her sister were her bridesmaids, and they were going to walk the while with their boyfriends because Gabe didn't mind choosing his groomsmen, he only asked for Julian and let the rest be chosen by Kaycee.

The song started and the couples started to leave Kaycee's view one by one as they walked to the backyard 'cause it was time, she was getting married. — she was walking down the while, with her father to marry a man she was found about but didn't love.