thirteen

To say that she was nervous for this encounter with Gabe and Jia, was to overestimate her ability to be anxious about something. For some reason, she was terrified. 

She was teaching a regular class that would take one hour, and Gabe would stay in the studio beside hers just hanging with Jia, and still, Kaycee was feeling as if he was going to take her daughter to the other side of the planet.

"Okay, I'm gonna be right next door, if you need anything, please call me." She said, holding Jia in her arms, tightly.

"We are gonna be alright, Kaycee. She's my daughter too, remember?" Kaycee took a deep breath and nodded — that's what scared her the most because if he decided to just walk away with Jia it would be seen as normal since he was her father.

"Now give her to me." He said, placing the little girl's bag on the floor and reaching to grab her.

Kaycee knew Jia would feel if she kept acting weird, she would end up scaring the girl so she tried to calm herself and act as if she was comfortable with the situation.

"Mommy is gonna go teach, but I'll come back, alright?" She said to Jia as she gave her kisses.

Jia fuzzed a bit to go with Gabe, but didn't cry — Kaycee took a deep breath and left, leaving them alone.

As soon as Kaycee left the room, closing the door when she was out, her eyes found Sean's who was entering the building right on time — when their eyes meet she relaxed a bit and he knew instantly that she wasn't alright.

"What's wrong?" He asked approaching her.

"Gabe is with Jia." She said, nudging her head in the door's direction. "And I have to teach now."

He frowned at first but then he saw how she played with her fingers, she was feeling anxious. "Something is worrying you."

She sighed. "I'm scared that he might leave with her..."

"Go away with her?" Kaycee nodded. "You think he could do that?"

She shrugged. "Honestly don't know, I don't know if this is a rational fear or if I'm just anxiously creating fears."

He nodded, thinking for a bit — he looked around and spot the chairs close to the entrance. "I'll stay here."

She looked at him surprised as he kept going. "My eyes won't leave this door and you go give your class and don't worry about it."

"Sean-"

"I said, don't worry about it." One of his hands caressed her upper arm, assuring her that everything would be fine. "I got you."

She smiled and without thinking collapsed her body on his, in a hug that he reciprocated. "Thanks, Sean."

"It's alright." He smiled, kissing the top of her head. "Now go or you will start late."

He said, trying not to make the hug longer than necessary — they've broken away from each other and Kaycee gave one last look to the door her daughter was behind, before going to teach her class.

Sean wanted to take her class but sitting by the door was fine too, as long as it calmed her down a bit — first he played some games on his phone and talked with the receptionist for a while until he heard the baby crying.

He didn't even though, the sound reached his ears and he was walking through that door — Gabe was with Jia in his arms and the girl wouldn't stop crying, and it wasn't a cute cry, she was red and bawling her eyes out as the man was useless in the process to calm her down.