twenty-two

know it might not feel the same 'cause it isn't lua asking you but don't forget to leave your comments as you read and to vote, please. also keep in mind that most of this she left pre-written so it's basically her work and not mine.

_________

Father's day was here and as wrong as it felt — for Kaycee — Jia had to spend it with her father, Gabe. The woman wasn't happy about it, she still didn't trust her daughter to be alone with him, but he was pretty serious about spending this time with their baby so she had to accept the condition that he wouldn't take the kid to any crowed place. 

So against her wish, she woke up around eight to get Jia ready so Gabe could pick her up around nine — she made the kid's bag with everything she could need and more, then got the girl ready too.

"And you better behave, don't do anything stupid with your dad." She joked to Jia as she carried the girl and her things down the stairs — the toddler couldn't care less about what she was saying, she just wanted to floor so she could play with her toys.

As Kaycee heated Jia's bottle, she noticed Sean sitting outside in the backyard staring at nothing — she found it weird that he wasn't in bed when she woke up, normally she is the one to wake up, but she just imagined he had to work on something or was doing some crazy breakfast.

She fed her daughter and waited for Gabe to get there — he was very on time for the very first time in his life which was good for a change, and because Kaycee needed all the time in the world to give him every single instruction she had. After so, with tears in her eyes, she bravely said goodbye to her baby and watched as they drove off.

After getting herself a cup of water, she watched Sean once more through the glass doors in the kitchen, he was still in the same position — Kaycee knew this day was hitting him hard because Jia was like a daughter to him, I mean, he was the one that was there with her every day. He was the one she would run to when she needed help, he was the one she would go to for a bandaid or dry her tears, he was the one to change diapers and give baths, he was the one to cook her food.

He was the one being a father, not Gabe — and she could tell it was painful to him that he still wouldn't be the one getting father's day cards.

"Hey." She said, squeezing herself in the small chair he was as sitting — almost in his lap.

He gave her a blue smile. "Hey."

She caressed his hair for a while, with him closing his eyes to it. "Wanna talk about."

He shook his head a 'no' right away but then frowned. "I don't know... I mean, whatever." He answered, trying to avoid her eyes.

"I shouldn't be feeling sad... there's nothing wrong here, she went to spend the day with her father." He said. "That's it, nothing wrong with that."

"I'm not happy about it either... I wish there was another way." His fingers caressing her leg on top of his.

"I know, babe... don't worry about." He answered — she could tell he understood her situation even though it didn't make it less sad.

"What about we go visit my dad, Gabe can leave Jia there around seven pm, and then we can go to your parents, so you can cook with your dad. Hun?" She offered in a way to make him happier.

"Great idea." He said, trying to sound excited — they both trying to make each other happy, neither of them feeling like so.

"Okay, let's go then." She said.