twenty

before anything,  I can't thank you enough for the comments, I'm living for them and it's so fun to watch you guys interacting with the story

NOW let's go to the so waited chapter
____________________

Bailey stared at the opened paper in her hands, trying to understand the words in between so many medical terms. 

Jia was taking a nap. Bailey was sitting on the floor on the other side of the coffee table, reading the results because Kaycee couldn't do it. The other two — Kaycee and Tahani — were sitting on the couch, nervously waiting.

"Oh my God Bailey, just say it already!" Kaycee exclaimed.

"Geez, chill, I'm not a doctor." She answered. "Wait, I think I'm getting there."

"And, what's the re-"

"Wait." Tahani interrupted. "Before it's revealed, there's something I need to tell you."

"What could be more important than this, T?" Bailey asked.

"My apologies to kayc." She said, getting the other's attention.

Kaycee frowned, facing her. "For what?"

Tahani sighed. "Remember when you first told me about what happened between you and Sean?"

"Still bummed about you telling her first, but okay," Bailey commented in the background — Kaycee's attention was completely on the one beside her.

"Yeah." She answered.

flashback on
a few months ago

"Who is Jia with?" Tahani asked as they left the supermarket.

"Well, Bailey wanted to take her to that paint-your-own-mug place," Kaycee answered. "Honestly, I'm just praying she won't come back covered in paint."

"Bailey or Jia?"

"Both." They laughed together, before getting in the car.

"T, can I tell you something?" She asked while maneuvering to leave the parking lot.

"Sure."

"But it's like a take to your grave kind of thing, you can't tell anyone." She said.

"You're scaring me. Does Bailey know?" Even though they tried not to, it had always been a little bit of a competition between Tahani and Bailey for the spot of best friend in Kaycee's life.

"Nope, you know Bails, she would make a huge deal and I can't go there right now." She explained. "I was going to keep this with me but now he's back and is driving me crazy, so I got to tell someone."

"Oh, so is Sean related or Gabe?" She asked.

"Sean." She answered while driving. "Remember the Australia trip?"

"Mhm."

"We hooked up," Kaycee admitted, straightforward.

Tahani was surprised. "What?"

"And I was going to end everything with Gabe the day I figured I was pregnant."

"Oh my, Kaycee. I had no idea... That's why he left?"

"Yeah, and now he's back, and I just... I needed to get this off my chest." Kaycee said with relief.

"It's alright. I'm glad you did, kayc! I would be dying in your place, keeping this just to yourself for so long." Tahani answered.