twenty-one

I know most of you guys were upset with the results from the DNA test but I just wanted to let you guys know that things happen for a reason and that there are still chapters to come so.....

ps: IM LOVING THE COMMENTS
(this was a comment that Lua left in here so I decided to keep it so you guys can remember her) 
______________

At first, their lives didn't really change after getting the results. The only thing that changed was the dynamic of their relationship — they decided to not keep their relationship low-key. They realized that lying about it would not bring them all the happiness they could have by just being together.

So they weren't hiding, but they also weren't shouting on top of the buildings, they were just keeping the boyfriend and girlfriend situation as natural as possible.

And yes, girlfriend and boyfriend they were — they didn't need to have a conversation about it because it was just obvious to them, so they simply just accepted the truth about their relationship for once.

One of the main reasons Kaycee wanted for things to fly under the radar with Sean before, was because of the whole situation with Jia — he wasn't her father and they all knew about it now, but Jia still had a real father and the last thing Kaycee needed was Gabe exploding once again.

And, speaking of Gabe, they were not doing good at the moment — the DNA test results had proved him to be the father, but that did not mean Kaycee was comfortable with it.

The month after the results were filled with nonstop fights between them. Gabe wanted to start taking Jia to places, but Kaycee just wasn't feeling it. The thing was that she didn't trust Gabe as a father... well, she didn't trust him at all.

"Uggggh." She grunted, angrily, as she tried to scrub a plate that had some food stuck on it.

"Wow, hey, calm down," Sean said, laughing as he entered the kitchen — he took the plate out of her hands and assumed her place, washing the dishes. "What did the poor plate do to you?"

"Nothing." She sighed, taking her wet gloves off and tossing them over the counter.

"Doesn't sound like nothing." He added.

"It's Gabe again." She said angrily. "He keeps calling and texting, like can't he take a hint?! I mean, I don't even trust him to walk Jia from this kitchen to the couch, much less take her to Disney on his own!"

"Babe..."

"Don't 'babe' me, Sean." She said. "You shouldn't defend him, I'm being completely reasonable right now. I don't want him losing my daughter somewhere or giving her something to eat that she's allergic to or-"

"She's isn't allergic to anything."

"See, you know that. I would trust you to take her to Disney! But Gabe?" She asked. "I bet he doesn't even know the size of her diaper."

He laughed lightly, finishing the dishes before drying his hands and walking to her — her back was against the counter and her arms were folded in front of her chest as her forehead held a frown.

"Don't you think you're being a little dramatic?" He asked. "I mean, he's a grown man, it's assumed that he will know how to take care of her, at least the basics."