masked ball

{JIHYUN}

{JIHYUN}

"come on jisoo! it'll be perfect! you'll find a boyfriend!"my friend, yuna says. "i don't want to find a boyfriend, all the boyfriends i've had used me for looks"i say pouting. i sulked on my bed with my arms crossed and looking down at the floor.

our school was having a danced, a masked ball is what you'd call it. everyone was advised not to get a date if we were single and if we were dating someone we'd have to pay for couples tickets and weren't advised to wear masks. at this dance if you find your perfect partner you were allowed to take off your mask and join the couples.

yuna tilts my head to look at her, "but this is different"she says standing back. "it's a masked ball! no one will know what you look like! they'll fall for your personality and skills!"yuna says. "and who knows, maybe your man will be...hwang hyunjin"she says smirking.

hyunjin was a kid in my chemistry class, he's my lab partner and may i add, a very handsome lab partner. he's also funny and sweet and smart though! but he's also super popular, any girl would want him to be their lifetime partner.

"if i go will you please stop bothering me about going?"i ask and she thinks, "if you let me dress you then yes"she says and i sigh. "fine"i say and yuna jumps happily while i watch be a child.

[DAY OF THE DANCE]

"i don't know...there is no way he'll notice me"i say standing in the mirror wearing a maroon mermaid dress. yuna was looking at me through the mirror, "you're right"she says, after a while grabbing another dress. i turn to her as she held the dress out to me.

"wear mine, it'll stand out more"she says, "no! yuna you pull this dress off more than i do! you want to get a boyfriend, you take it"i say pushing the dress away. "jisoo, i know you. you like hyunjin, and if you want to be his girlfriend then you have to wear this! you'll stand out amongst all these other girls. every girl who wants him will wear ball gowns and pretty dresses, but this...this will make you stand out"she says.

she gives it to me and motions me to change into it. once i do i walk out of the bathroom, she sees me through the mirror with my maroon dress on. she fit it so perfectly as well, she smiles. she turns to me and squeals, "you're perfect! here, here"she says handing me a gold mask.

she helps me put it on and shows me in the mirror. my hair was curled and my makeup was good although you couldn't see it through the mask, but the dress and mask....it looked perfect. "hyunjin will for sure go to you"she says smiling, i smile.

[AT THE VENUE]

yuna and i got out of the limo, teens were walking into to the venue and some stayed outside. before i could walk yuna pulls me back towards her, making my back face the venue. "yuna!"i say and yuna fixes my mask, hair and dress, "hold on, i got to make sure you're fully presentable"she says.