the bells

{JIHYUN}

{JIHYUN}

the teachers always taught us about the bells. the bells that rang when you past by your soulmate. they always told you the bells don't matter, that a soulmate doesn't exist. marriage was forced so you could never find your soulmate, at the age of 18 you were chosen a spouse and to never change it.

i was turning 18 and my family wanted to choose my spouse soon. we were quite a rich family so we had high demands to marry another rich family. it was sickening, my family and i sat in the living room of multiple different men for me marry, but none was interesting.

i wanted my soulmate, i didn't want some emotionless robot who only loved me for money. i wanted my soulmate, the one i could love forever and not be disappointed.

"sweetheart you need to choose soon or we will choose for you"father says sternly. i only nod, "can we stop by the coffee shop before we go to the next house?"i ask. my parents look at each other and my mom nodded as we pull up to a local coffee shop.

i step out and head inside the cafe. i wait in line and wait to be next, once i was next i stood in front of the register and looked up from my hands. a tall boy with black hair, brown eyes and a mole under his eye looked at me, he looked so handsome.

"hi! how can i help you?"he asked with a smile. all of a sudden bells went off quickly, he's my soulmate. i stared at him before making my order, "great! uhm....on the house, don't worry about paying"he says as i take out my wallet. "really?"i ask and he nodded with a gentle smile.

"of course, anything for a pretty woman"he says and i smile walking away after i thanked him. i waited for my drink, i noticed the boy kept looking at me as i waited. we'd sneak small smiles and exchanges, once my drink was ready i noticed extra writing on my cup.

hi soulmate, i'm hyunjin and this is my number. can't wait to talk to you. <3

xxx-xxx-xxxx

i smile as i walk out, i turn to the man at the register, hyunjin. he was looking at me and smiled, i smiled back and waved before exiting the cafe and heading to the next destination knowing i wasn't going to marry a rich man.

~~~

"what do you mean you don't want marry them?!"my mother yelled. "i don't want to marry any of them! i want to find my soulmate!"i yelled. father rolled his eyes, "i knew she'd be a disappointment"father mumbled.

"i'm not a disappointment if i'm doing something i love! finding my soulmate is my goal"i say, "a soulmate doesn't exist"mother says. "you don't know that! you married someone who wasn't your soulmate!"i say rushing to my room.

i slam my door and lock it. i sit against my door and sigh looking at my empty coffee cup, hyunjin and his number. i grab my phone and call his number, i wait for a couple of seconds and he answers.

"hey hyunjin...uhm...do you want to go out sometime?"i ask.