Chapter 60

You walk out of the hall along with your friends and all participants of the competition. The closing ceremony has just ended, and you just got to know the results.

The overall champion in this competition is Suna High. Konoha comes in second place.

But it was more than enough. The school only wants you guys to get at least top three. And you achieved it. You are proud enough.

"Shikamaru."

A sudden call from behind startles all of you.

You turn your head, and see a man in his middle forties, with features just like shikamaru walking towards you. Kakashi is by his side.

Shikamaru suddenly sighs.

"What is it, old man? We got second place, alright. I'm sorry we didn't come in first."

He frowns as those words come out of his mouth.

But the man just smile.

"What are you blabbering about, huh? I came to congratulate you, not to complain."

He puts his hand on shikamaru's shoulder.

"You did well, shikamaru. All of you did."

The usually always-annoyed-shikamaru startles at the man's compliment.

Well, it's a huge shock for him as well.

"Good job, everyone. You achieved what the school requested you to. You guys did well."

Now it's kakashi's turn to rain his compliments on you. That definitely makes you feel touched.

"Thank you."

Temari says with a huge smile on her face.

Now all of you are feeling better, even when you did not get the first place. These adults absolutely understands your struggles, and they appreciate it.

"By the way, sorry if I'm going to ruin this beautiful moment, but i have a bad news."

The mood suddenly change when kakashi says that.

All of you frowns.

"What is it?"

You ask, being curious.

"I think, we're going to stay here for another night."

All of you startle.

"What?!"

The five of you simultaneously blurt out that word.

"Why?!"

Temari adds.

"Well..."

Kakashi casually takes out his phone and unlocks it.

"It says here that the car that is supposed to come and fetch us is broken and it is still in repair. Therefore, we will have to wait until tomorrow. That's all."

Shikamaru smacks his head.

"What a pain... Don't we have another vehicle?"

"No, we don't. Our school is not an extremely rich school, so i hope you understand. We have a bus, but i don't think we need a bus just to carry the five of you. So i think we have no choice but to stay here another night. Don't worry. I've talked to the management team. They allow us to stay the night."

You just sigh.

"Well... We have no choice, do we?"

It's quite troublesome, since you really want to go back now. But there's nothing you can do about it.

"Alright then. I have to leave now. I have a meeting with the program organizers. We have a party tonight."

Shikamaru's father finally takes his leave.

"I also need to go somewhere else. Goodbye."

Now it's sasuke.

After that, all of you also walk back to your rooms.

On your way, you see a familiar figure standing alone in the hallway, seeming like he is waiting for someone.

It's gaara.

Like usual.

"We'll just leave first, (name)."

Temari says and leaves. Shikamaru and neji follow after her.

After they're gone, you slowly make your way towards the red-haired boy. When he notices your presence, he smiles.

"Did you wait for me?"

You ask him, being curious.

He simply nods.

"Yes, i am. I wanted to see you before i go back to Suna."

His answer surprises you.

"When will you depart?"

"Tonight. After dinner. Maybe at 8 o'clock, i guess."

"I see. Very well then. Take care on your way back."

You smile sweetly at him, and that causes the male's heart to skip a beat.

It facinates him.

"Y-you too. Take care..."

He utters those words bashfully, being embarrassed that he's all red now. But you just find him so cute.

You giggle at him.

"Now, do you have anything else to say?"

Your question suddenly makes him go silent.

He looks troubled, like there's something that he wants to say, but he can't.

"Gaara?"

"I-"

He abruptly stops, then he looks at you.

This is quite a shock, since he's never like this before.

So you just remain silent.

"I... Don't know. I don't think so."

He answers in a disappointed intonation.

It's weird.

If he has something to say, why doesn't he just say it?

Or is it something he's still unable to say?

You hesitate for a while.

"Are you sure about that, gaara-kun?"

He smiles at you.

"Yes. Sorry, i was getting carried away. Then, i have to go now. I need to pack my bag. See you, (name)."

Then he ran away, just like that.

You are left dumbfounded.

"Getting carried away...? What does he mean by that?"

You think for a while, but you can't figur out the answer.

So you just decide to go back to your room for now. It's almost 5 in the evening, and you want to rest.

However, as you start walking, you see a silhouette of a familiar man.

"Sasuke..."

You heart twitch as you see him.

You clench your fist, thinking carefully about what you're going to do.

After a while, you come up to your conclusion.

"I've decided."

You take a step forward and chase for the man.

"I'm going to tell him about my feelings again."