five

I still stood there. I loved the woods a few days ago. But now....no. I was scared. The feeling that someone was watching me was stronger. How did Finn know about the necklace? He had a picture on his phone. But why?

I went back home. I walked faster because I was alone. And because I was scared.

I arrived at my house and went directly in my room. It was cold in my room. But the windows were closed. I sat down on my bed and tried to think. My head was about to explode.

I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I took it outside and looked in it. I got a message from someone. Someone unknown. Again. I started to panic. I opened my phone and looked at the messages.

Unknown: you can not hide from me!

Unknown: if you try you die!

I felt my heart pounding. I was totally scared. I shiver. I decided to call Finn. I waited and waited till Finn came on the phone:

"Finn someone unknown wrote me! I die when I try to hide myself!"

"What? Who would do that?"

"I don't know Finn. I'm scared. What if someone watches me?"

"Try to calm down ok. I come to your house"

That was the last thing he said until he hung up. I put my phone on the desk and tried to calm down. Vancouver was such a beautiful city until this murderer came.

I went outside my room and walked right into my mum.

"Hey Grace!" she said. She acted unusually. I've never seen her so happy and that was the weirdest part of it. "Mum? Is everything alright?" I asked her. "Yes honey." she said. "I saw you with a man. Yesterday." I said. It was maybe a little bit dumb to say that but I didn't care. "That's a new friend honey. You'll meet him soon. I hope you like him." she said. She acted pretty pretty weird. What was going on?

"Whatever. My friend'll be here in a few minutes." I said and walked downstairs. Was it weird to say I was scared of my own mum? I walked to the window and looked outside. I looked for Finn. I still didn't know where he lived, so I didn't know when he will arrive. I waited and waited.

After a long time I saw a shadow. I could see it was Finn because it was a shadow with curls. I went to the door and opened the door. I wasn't wrong it was Finn. He came in and I closed the door. He wanted to say something but I stopped him. "Let's go in my room. My mum is here and she acts weird and yeah." I said. He stared at me like I was dumb. I took his hand and pulled him to my room.

I unlocked the door and sat down on my bed. "Tell me again what happened!" he said. I just showed him my phone and he nodded then. "Ok I think it's better you have someone who can protect you." he said. I looked at him. I knew what he meant. I was totally scared. What was going on in this city?

"Stay here please. You can sleep in the guest room." I said. He looked at me and nodded then. "I'll stay here!" he said.

It was already pretty late so I unlocked the door and went with Finn to his guest room. It was a big guest room with a double bed. The room was bigger then my room. It was pleasantly warm in the room. There were lots of blankets in the corner.

"Here's your bed. And when you're cold there are blankets. And if you need something you can come to my room. It's better we talk about all this tomorrow." I said. It was already 9pm. "Thank you Grace." he said "Good night." he hugged me and I went outside the room and to my room. I went to my bed and tried to sleep. It was still super cold in my room and I was scared. I turned left and right but I couldn't sleep.

I was still awake. It was already 12am. Wow what was going on. I was still shivering because I was still cold. I stood up and went to the guest room. I wanted one of the blankets.

I slowly opened the door and sneaked into the room. I went to the corner and wanted to take one of the blankets but Finn stood up and looked at me. He rubbed his eyes. "What are you doing here?" he whispered. "I-I was cold and it's so cold in my room....I wanted a blanket." I whispered. "Come here!" he said and I slowly went to the bed. He patted the bed. "Lay down here." he said. I started to blush and lay down beside him. He put his blanket on me and cuddles up to me. It got warmer. My cheeks burned and my heart was pounding so fast.

I felt Finn's warm breath on my neck. It was calming. After a few minutes I fell asleep.

I woke up and looked right into Finn's face. He still slept. He looked so cute. His perfect curls were in his face and his lips were a little bit open. His lips.....oh my good. They looked so soft. He was an angel. I slept next to him. It made me feel so happy. Why did he do that?

I slowly stood up but Finn woke up. "Good morning" he said and smiled. "God morning Finn" I said. We both stood up and headed downstairs. It was already 10am. Where was my mum?

We went into the kitchen. In the kitchen I looked in the fridge. At this moment Finn's phone started to vibrate. Someone called him. He answered the phone and went into the living room.

Who was he talking to? I wanted to know it so I also went into the living room but hid me so he won't see me. I knew it was bad to listen but I just had to. I heard him talking:

"She won't find out. I'm sure she won't."

"I'll take care of that but let me do it. You should stay away."

"I'm at her house."

"I'll do that. Bye" he hung up and walked in my direction. I ran back to the kitchen and pretended I was still looking for food. He came in and smiled at me. What was he hiding?

I knew he had a secret. I pretended I didn't know something. "So...what can we eat now?" he asked. "I have some cold pancakes. We could eat them." I said and took the pancake. I put two pancakes on each plate and brought them to the dining table. We sat down and started to eat. I looked at Finn. He looked on the pancakes. What was his plan?

But he said I could trust him. What should I do?

We finished our pancakes and stood up. I brought the plates to the sink and we walked up to my room. I sat down on my bed.

"Finn?" I asked. "Yeah?" he said and looked down to me. "I had to give you a promise right?" I asked again. He frowned and nodded. "You have to give me one two." I said. "You have to promise me you'll tell me everything and you won't play with me. You said I can trust you!" I said and stood up. He looked at me and was completely confused. "Why should I play with you?" he asked. "Promise me!" I said and raised my voice. "I-I promise!" he said.

I calmed down and sat on my bed again. I still wasn't sure about the trust thing but I felt better now. "Thank you" I said. He looked at me like I was a ghost.

"You can stay here as long as you want!" I said and smiled. I changed the subject so he wouldn't ask again. "Thank you Grace" he sat down next to me.

"I can only trust you if you'll tell me more. Tell me about you. I still don't know where you live." I said. "He looked down and then to me
again. "I live in a little house on the edge of the woods." he said. "It is a little house. My brother Nick..." I stopped him. "Your brothers name is Nick?" I asked. "Yeah. He's not in town at the moment. My parents are always busy so yeah." he said. "I'm sorry Finn. It seems like your life is pretty hard." I said and touched his hand with my hand.

He looked up to me and smiled. "Thank you Grace." he said. Then I felt my phone again. It vibrated and I took it outside. I got a message again. From someone unknown:

Unknown: I'll kill you!

Unknown: You can't hide!

Finn saw the messages and took my phone. He looked at the messages again and then up to me. I was so scared. "We have to close every window and door and we have to stay inside!" he said. "But we could call the police!" I said and took my phone. "We can't just.....just trust me please!" he said. I wasn't so sure. What was going on?

I thought and thought and after a while I put my phone down.

-
1587 words

That was a long chapter. I hope you enjoy the story. I don't have much to say so bye!