twelve

I pulled down the door handle and wanted to walk inside but Jack grabbed my arm. "What's now?" I asked. "I thing it's better you go first. I'll wait here." he said. I frowned and nodded then. "Thank you." I said. I walked into the room and saw Finn in a bed.

It was a single room so it was just me and Finn. Finn had a thing on his mouth what gave him oxygen. I heard the loud breath. There was a card on the end of the bed. I looked at the card. The stood he couldn't sleep without this thing on his mouth for a few days. I went to the bed and interlocked my hand with his hand. He was sleeping. I was happy he was still alive and he wasn't in a coma.

He looked terrible. His face was blue and purple on some points and he had a wound on his cheek. His hair was a mess. His sight made me sad. It hurt to see him hurt. I leaned down to him and gave him a kiss on the forehead as a tear fell down my cheek. "I'm so sorry Finn." I said. "I missed you. I just....I feel so bad." I said.

I looked at him. He looked so peaceful. I stood up and went to the other side of the bed. I laid down next to him and took his hand again. "I'll stay here Finn. I won't leave you I promise." I said. A next tear fell down.

I stayed there for a very long time. Until Jack came in. I immediately stood up. "What are you doing here so long?" he asked. "Is Finn...?" "He's just sleeping." I said. Jack sighed. "Good. Would it be ok if I would go home and sleep a little bit.? I can take you home too if you want." he said. "Oh it's ok go home. I'll stay here." I said and smiled. "but thank you." "Bye Grace." "Bye Jack." Jack went outside and closed the door. I looked back to Finn and sighed. Then I looked down.

I went to the chair that was next to Finn's bed and sat down I took his hand and laid my head down on his blanket. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. But I couldn't. So I stood up again and looked outside the window. It was still very dark but the moon was beautiful and the sky was free. There were no clouds at all. The sky was in a beautiful dark blue. It was calming.

I stood there for a long time until I heard a voice. "Grace?" it was Finn's voice. But he sounded very weak and tired and his voice was very quite. And turned around and felt the tears in my eyes again.

"Finn?" I asked. I saw the thing that was on his mouth but it was on a table next to his bed now. I ran to Finn and hugged him. "I was so scared. I thought you were dead." I started crying again. I broke away from the hug and Finn stared into my eyes. His hand was on my cheek and he wiped away my tears with his thumb. "Don't cry Grace. I don't want to see my beautiful girl crying." he said and smiled. His voice sounded still very weak. "I'm your girl?" I asked. "Of course you are. You are my angel. Stop crying. It hurts me to see that." he said again and smiled. "What happened to me?" "Steve.....he threw you down the cliff and I-I ran down and found you in the water and you were hurt and there was blood everywhere and-and-and you were still breathing a little bit and we had to bring you to the hospital. And I-I waited two day. I didn't sleep the whole time because I was so scared and....and...." Finn interrupt me," hey hey calm down. It's ok." he said and grabbed my hand. My breath was very fast but Finn's voice was so calming.

"It's ok. I'm here. Everything is alright." he said and stroked my cheek with his fingers. "I was so scared." I said. He looked down. " I'm so sorry Grace. I left you there all alone. I don't know why I did this. I'm so stupid. I'm so sorry. This all is my fault. But you...you saved me. I wouldn't be here without you. " he said. "It's ok Finn. I'm not mad." I said. "Hey it was such a long day and you look so tired Grace. You should sleep. Come you can sleep next to me." he said and smiled at me. I laid down next to him and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Wait you can't sleep without your..." he interrupt me again, "this thing. Oh I don't need it. They think I do but I don't." he said. "Are-Are you sure about that?" I asked. "I'm just.....afraid something could happen." I felt so stupid. "Nothing will happen. He interlocked his hand with my hand and kissed my forehead. "I'm happy you're here in my arms again." he whispered into my ear. I smiled and closed my eyes.

I was happy Finn wasn't dead. He was the only person I had. The only one I trusted. I felt complete with him. I thought about a lot of things until I fell asleep.

-
916 words