twenty-seven

'He really left me'

'He really left me'

I woke up in the middle of the night. The rain was gone and the smell of wet wood was in my nose. It calmed me down. But the fact that I was in a woods at night gave me a little bit anxiety. I stood up and looked around. It was to dark to see something.

I took a few steps forward and started walking again. My voice was back again. I searched for my phone in my pocket. Then I took it out and turned it on. I saw my lock-screen. It was still the picture of Finn. I felt tears in my eyes and unlocked my phone. I went through my messages in the hope there was a message from Finn. But of course, there was no message. I tried to call Finn again. I knew he wouldn't pick up but I had to try it. And of course no one picked up.

I put my phone back into my pocket and started walking again. It was so dark and pretty cold. "Finn!" I yelled again. My voice sounded very exhausted. I decided to walk back home. I could search for him later in the noon. My leg hurt when I walked and I was shaking. I never felt so alone. I felt like I was the only person on the whole planet.

After a while I heard cars. I knew I was near the streets. I walked faster and faster until I saw city lights and cars. I made it. It was so dark in the woods but I made it. I saw Jack's house and walked to it. I was happy I found it. I  opened the door and sneaked inside the house.

It was so warm and that calmed me down. I immediately went to the bathroom and took a shower. After that I went to the my room and laid down on my bed. It 4am. I wanted to sleep.  The letter, Finn wrote, was still on the floor. And I could smell his odor in his pillow. I took his pillow and buried my face in it. He really left me. He really broke his promise and left me. That was not him. He wasn't like that.

I fell asleep after I cried for a while.

In the morning I stood up and looked for clean clothes. Then I ran down the stairs and went to the kitchen. I had to eat and go out then. Like I said I had to find Finn.

I had a terrible headache but I didn't care. I went to the kitchen and opened the fridge. After a gaze into the fridge and bit my lip. There were only a few things left. Some cold pancakes, carrots, a little bit meat and water. I need to buy food. But I had know money. "Shit!" I said. "What could I do?" I thought to myself. I needed food. Immediate. I touched my head and tried to think. But there was only one way. I needed to steal the food.

The thought about stealing something gave me goosebumps. "I can't steal. What if they see it?" I thought to myself. But it was the only way. I sighed and went up to Jack's room.

Jack had a lot of big bags. I needed one of them. I slowly pushed down the door handle and went into his room. His room was a mess and all the pictures made me think about him. I had to find a bag. I couldn't handle it to be in here. There was a big bag i. front of his bed. It was a black bag. I took it and went outside of the room. I also needed something like a bike.

I went to Jack's garage. There was a big car in it. A red car. It looked like a very expensive car. And then there was a bike. A blue bike. It looked old and not very safe. "Should I take the car or the bike?" I thought to myself. I had no driver license and I couldn't even drive a bike right. So I decided to take the bike.

I opened the garage and drove down the streets with the bike. It wasn't a long way to the supermarket.

After a while I arrived at the supermarket and put the bike on the side. I had to see it and it had to be easy for me to pick it up. If I had to flee.

before I went inside the supermarket I put on my hood and then I went inside. the first thing I took was water. I needed water. Then I took some bread, vegetables, fruits and of course pancakes. That was all I needed. No one noticed that I put the things into my bag. I felt terrible doing this. I slowly sneaked to the door but an employee stopped me.

"Excuse me Miss, You need to pay for this." he said. I slowly turned around. I swallowed and smiled. "Oh I'm sorry I wanted to pay for these things. Of course." I said and pretended to have money. The employee frowned at me and turned around then. I waited until he was gone and looked for people who could see me. There was no one. Now it was the time.

I took a deep breath and ran outside then. I heard the alarm going on but I ignored it. I ran to my bike, picked it up and started to drive. My heart was racing and my breath went very fast. I never drove that fast before. I heard people talking and a few employees yelling at me. I hoped they didn't know how I looked.

I arrived at Jack's house and put the bike bag in the garage. Then I went inside and put the things into the fridge. I never felt so terrible. And I was scared to go outside again. I sighed. "I wish you would be here Finn." I said and looked down. I missed him.

-
1020 words