Chapter 4

Chapter 4

●●●

The door to his apartment screeched loudly when Yoongi carefully opened it before slipping out of his shoes. "I'm home."

The hallway in front of him was dimly lit, due to one of the two light bulbs slowly dying. He didn't expect any reaction from inside the flat and there wasn't any.

He quickly slid his drenched raincoat off and made his way towards the small kitchen. There were snoring noises coming from the living room and Yoongi sighed silently before grabbing the kettle and adding some water to it. After switching on the device he grabbed a water bottle from the small fridge placed right next to the sink.

When he entered the living room, what he found was exactly what he had expected. His father spread out over the couch, a bunch of beer cans and a bottle of vodka placed on the small table in front of him. He was sleeping. Probably for some time now, judging from the fact that he no longer was sitting upright, but instead, laying on his side.

He slowly padded towards him, grabbing the empty cans and throwing them into the trash bin, but not before grabbing a small anti-hangover pill from the drawer.

He put both the bottle and the pill on the table before walking up to his father again. Carefully not to disrupt the old man's sleep, he grabbed one of the blankets that were neatly folded on the edge of the couch and tried placing it over him.

His father stirred and Yoongi sucked in a breath, not moving a centimeter, hoping he would not wake up. To his dismay, the man opened his eyes slowly, looking at Yoongi in what could be described as a half-asleep state.

"What are you doing here?" He sounded angry. "Why the fuck are you not at school?" He sat up and Yoongi quickly moved a couple of steps back, but he wasn't quick enough. He was grabbed by his t-shirt and pulled forward.

There was a sharp sting on his right cheek and his head was thrown to the side. "I'm talking to you! Fucking look at me." Yoongi bit his lip and looked up, just to get slapped a second time.

"Why the fuck are you not going to school?" Maybe Yoongi could have argued that no one went to school at 11 pm, or that he was working a full-time job, but he knew that arguing with the intoxicated man wouldn't lead anywhere.

Instead he muttered a soft 'sorry', looking down.

"You'd better be. I am paying for your education, so you'd better not skip." He was pushed back a couple of steps and his father simply staggered past him into the direction of his bedroom, not even noticing the medicine that was placed on the small table.

Yoongi held his breath until he heard the door that lead to the bedroom close, before releasing a relieved sigh.

The kettle made a soft noise, indicating that the water was heated up.

Rubbing his burning cheek, he went back into the kitchen, where he prepared some instant noodles for himself. He spent about ten minutes eating in silence before grabbing his phone from his pocket and typing a message.

Yoongi
Hey

Yoongi
So how has your day been?

A/N

Here an early update. I don't wanna wait<3

What do you all think so far?