Chapter 54

Chapter 54

●●●

Jimin was sitting on a bench on campus, playing with his phone. Taehyung was in his last class right now and they were planning on going to a party later. Not that Jimin really felt like partying, but it was probably better for him to go out and get his mind off of his crush, whom he admittedly had spent a lot longer thinking about than he was supposed to.

The problem was just... he felt kind of sad over it. Maybe because he was slowly becoming more and more convinced that it actually was a crush, or maybe it was because when he thought about it, a small part of him liked the fantasy of dating Yoongi.

It was completely unrealistic from both sides, but it'd be kind of cute if it were to happen. Jimin groaned. He really had to stop thinking about this stuff. He spent way too much time playing with the thought of 'what if...' lately. He really needed a party to take his mind off of all of this.

Maybe he was just growing sexually frustrated. He was pretty damn sure that wasn't it because he didn't really think about Yoongi in a sexual way. Partly because he didn't want to, partly because he simply couldn't.

He was ripped out of his thoughts by laughter not far from him. When he looked up, he spotted some of the older guys teaming up against a boy that was lying on the ground. There was some interaction between the one who was completely helpless on the asphalt and the guy standing above. Whatever the one on the floor said seemed to be rather annoying since the standing guy's face fell.

Jimin watched as the boy received a kick to the stomach before there was a break again. Was he saying something again? Jimin couldn't tell. The two guys behind the tallest one moved back a bit as he sent another kick to the boy's stomach.

It was weak from the three guys, teaming up against just one other. Maybe it wasn't something to be proud of, but at least Jimin had never bullied someone while having two lackeys as a backup. Not like he would have had the energy to deal with them, anyway.

Maybe it would have been the right thing to step in and stop them from attacking the boy on the ground, but there were three of them, and if they didn't know who Jimin was, he really didn't feel like receiving a black eye from them.

He'd probably go help the boy once they were gone. At least, he told that to himself to calm his conscience.

He watched in surprise as two of the guys left and there was just the tall one, now giving his kicks his all. Jimin watched as the boy on the floor flinched every time the guy's foot met his stomach, legs, or arms.

He was about to get up and step in, because he was pretty damn sure that if the other kept going, some damage might end up being permanent, when he watched the guy fall onto his back, his hood slipping back and revealing a familiar face.

Jimin didn't even remember his way over there. He just remembered suddenly standing in front of the guy who'd just been kicking Yoongi seconds ago and landing a clean punch on his face. He could feel the guy's nose crack under his knuckles.

The guy fell to the ground before Jimin kicked him in the ribs twice. Honestly, if the situation had been different, Jimin would have beaten the shit out of him, but he had more important things to do. Beating the shit out of that guy could wait.

He scrambled to his knees in front of Yoongi, who had his eyes closed, nose split, and two rather nasty red marks on his face. Not really sure what to do, he reached his arm out and put it on Yoongi's cheek. "Yoongi? Do you hear me?"

No reaction. He quickly grabbed his phone from his back pocket and dialed 119. Careful to not hurt the boy, he ran his hand through his hair. When someone picked up, he didn't even let them talk first. "Hey, this is Park Jimin. I'm at Seoul National University and a guy was just beat up. He's not responding. Please send an ambulance." He tried speaking as clearly and calmly as he could, although he just felt like screaming at them to hurry the fuck up.

She asked some short questions about Yoongi's condition before assuring Jimin that they would be there in less than ten minutes. Feeling his heart racing in his chest, he leaned forward and pressed his forehead against Yoongi's. "I know you can't hear me... but you'll be just fine. I promise you."

Careful not to hurt him, he ran his fingers through Yoongi's hair, reassuring the boy that it would be okay. Maybe he would be aware that he wasn't alone, that there was someone who was there, ready to protect him.

Jimin felt guilt tighten his throat. He had to force back tears. He should have stepped in right away. If he had, maybe he would have been able to save Yoongi from all of this.

Just as promised, the ambulance arrived about five minutes later. The guy, that asshole, was rolling around the floor, groaning in pain, and Jimin couldn't help but think how much he regretted not hurting him more.

They put Yoongi on a stretcher, careful since they didn't know where exactly he was hurt, before taking care of the other guy. Luckily, Jimin was allowed to come with them in the ambulance.

He was not going to let Yoongi leave his field of vision ever again. Maybe that was a bit exaggerated, but right now, that felt like the only right thing to do.

A/N

I wanna update again soooo badly;---;