Chapter 22

Chapter 22

●●●

When Yoongi heard a knock on the front door, he just knew it wasn't anything good. He could sense it.

It wasn't even surprising when he opened the door and found himself face to face with two police officers, who looked pretty apologetic. Neither was it surprising when they went on and told him that his father had passed away. He had just been found. Washed onto the shore of a nearby town. Almost not recognizable. Probably had been in the water for a couple of days.

The worst part about all of it. Yoongi didn't feel anything. The police officers left and he simply sat down on his bed, staring at the wall, the feeling of dull nothingness hovering over him like a blanket. There were no tears. No happiness. No nothing.

He felt like he was a spectator of his own body. This wasn't his life. Not his feelings to feel.

As evening came, his stomach started giving off noises of hunger. He got up, grabbed some instant ramen from the cupboard, and started boiling some water. After that, he sat down and waited for the ramen to soften before he absentmindedly started eating.

What the hell was he supposed to do now?

Jimin was laying on his bed, theoretically intending on going to sleep rather soon, but thoughts of Yoongi kept him awake. It had been three days since the boy had last answered his messages.

His phone did receive them, which meant at least his phone was charged, but Yoongi neither answered nor read his messages. Jimin had even tried calling him, but his call was simply ignored.

The worst part about this was that Jimin didn't know why. As much of a possibility as it was that maybe Yoongi simply had enough of him, there also was a chance that Yoongi had gotten into an accident...or maybe he had gotten beaten up again,...but this time, he didn't manage to go to the hospital.

Maybe he was unconscious at his place and the only person who knew about this was Jimin. But he couldn't do anything because he didn't even know where Yoongi lived.

Jimin
I know you keep ignoring my messages

Jimin
But please

Jimin
At least tell me you're okay

Jimin
I miss you

Yoongi was sitting on the sofa when he finally had an idea of what he could do. For the first time in a week, he felt a certain type of energy as he got up and walked towards his room.

He grabbed his phone that had been lying next to his bed for days and quickly dialed a number he hadn't called in months. There was a soft tune as the line connected before he could hear someone pick up.

"Yoongi? Darling? Are you okay? Why are you calling? Did something happen?"

Yoongi had to bite his lip in pain when he heard the familiar voice. For the first time in days, he didn't feel entirely empty. Instead, he felt pain. The strong feeling of homesickness.

"Mum..."

He knew she could hear his distress right away.

"Darling, what happened? Are you okay?" Her voice was soft and reassuring.

"It's Dad... he..."

A/N

I swear Yoongi will feel better soon. He's just going through some really hard stuff right now.

Soon;---;

Also I have officially giving up holding back

Also I have officially giving up holding back. A chapter or two a day from now on, unless I want to make some bigger changes.

Then it might take a little longer but for the next idk how many but many chapters I'm just gonna go!